• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's see if this has any legs!

Edd

If it were up to me I'd let the snowboarders in. Seems like alot of wasted energy to keep them out.

jack97

fyi...

I find some of the responses to be arrogant and ignorant.

skiNEwhere

I had a feeling this would happen eventually.

I can see the outcome going either way. I'm sure alta will state they they are not discriminating against race or sex, just equipment used.

snoseek

I seriously want this to happen, even though it's overall going to bring in more people to an already busy LCC. Alta is an amazing place that everyone should be able to enjoy.

snoseek

Hey, maybe it would take some of the pressure off of Snowbird? That would be an upside

skiNEwhere

I've always wondered since snowbird is next door, have riders simply taken the snowbird lift up, and crossed lines to board the alta side down?

BenedictGomez

They're suing as a violation of their Constitutional rights? GTHOUH. Morons.

Send these entitled cry-babies to ride some peaks in China so they can get a flavor of what real human rights violations and discrimination looks like.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I had a feeling this would happen eventually.

I can see the outcome going either way. I'm sure alta will state they they are not discriminating against race or sex, just equipment used.

It's going to go down in flames. Sorry, but snowboarders are not a "protected class" under the constitution.

Last edited:

snoseek

They're suing as a violation of their Constitutional rights? GTHOUH. Morons.

Send these entitled cry-babies to ride some peaks in China so they can get a flavor of what real human rights violations and discrimination looks like.
Well, it is on public land, they sort of got a point. Whether they actually have a case or not is to be seen. How would you feel if one of the more bad ass areas with killer snow in VT (on public land) said no, we don't want any NY/Jersey here....no thanks? Does that seem fair?