• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's see if this has any legs!

thetrailboss

Staff member
You're comparing those recent laws with snowboarding at Alta?

Okay

Yeah, not really the same at all. It was pretty bad that last year we had racial tension and people upset about same sex marriage and LGBT rights....and these guys in Federal Court claiming that their "civil rights" were violated because they could not do a specific activity at a private business that leases land from the US Forest Service, and has been since 1938. I know it is a very personal issue for folks, but really, it is a choice as to if you ski or snowboard and it really smacks of "first world problems" to be filing a federal case over it when people's civil rights ARE being violated.

steamboat1

attachment.php

Attachments

• 4352123-looney-tunes_0.jpg
    4352123-looney-tunes_0.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 253

Los

I know it is a very personal issue for folks, but really, it is a choice as to if you ski or snowboard and it really smacks of "first world problems"

No rational human being could disagree with this.

skiNEwhere

I know it is a very personal issue for folks, but really, it is a choice as to if you ski or snowboard

You could argue that people who were persecuted over their religious beliefs could have chosen a different religion.

An extreme example, yes, but it's not that cut and dry

thetrailboss

Staff member
You could argue that people who were persecuted over their religious beliefs could have chosen a different religion.

An extreme example, yes, but it's not that cut and dry

Religious beliefs are protected by the U.S. Constitution; a choice of recreation is not.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Got a meeting this morning at the firm that represented the pro-snowboard side and just lost. Think they will let me in?

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1462972810.091500.jpg

;)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cannonball

Did you go there to pitch them on your idea that if Snowboarding were considered a religion they would have a constitutional case? I think it's a brilliant idea and you just may be the one who finally changes the face Alta.

BenedictGomez

Did you go there to pitch them on your idea that if Snowboarding were considered a religion they would have a constitutional case? I think it's a brilliant idea and you just may be the one who finally changes the face Alta.

Don't laugh. The way this nation and it's wacky legal system are going, it wouldn't shock me if someone tries.