• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Pattern Has Arrived - Will it Bring Snow?

BenedictGomez

This is getting better and better for me. Trend (NW) is my friend.

Even the Euro absolutely caved and is spitting out decent pcp now.

Also, IMO it doesnt seem like people are properly accounting for the artic air that should be locked in place. Seems most are conservatively using 15:1, but 17:1 or 18:1 etc... are definitely possible here. Maybe even 20:1 if we dare to dream.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

Also, IMO it doesnt seem like people are properly accounting for the artic air that should be locked in place. Seems most are conservatively using 15:1, but 17:1 or 18:1 etc... are definitely possible here. Maybe even 20:1 if we dare to dream.

Yeah, but that freaking wind on Wed. is going to blow it all away.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Anyone know where I could find a season snowfall total for the Tug Hill? They've been getting one 2 foot+ snowstorm after another...
Nobody is tracking that as best as I can tell. They may have all died once the snow hit the top of the water tower ;) Closest might be Snow Ridge, but their data is sketchy and inconsistent. http://www.onthesnow.com/new-york/snow-ridge/historical-snowfall.html?&y=2013&q=snow

Snow ridge is reporting 40" depth at the summit.

Go to western NY and you'll find Kissing Bridge with 48" depth (that won't be gone until July!) that's one place that is getting seriously hammered. http://www.onthesnow.com/new-york/kissing-bridge/historical-snowfall.html?&y=2013

Last edited:

Euler

Nobody is tracking that as best as I can tell. They may have all died once the snow hit the top of the water tower ;) Closest might be Snow Ridge, but their data is sketchy and inconsistent. http://www.onthesnow.com/new-york/snow-ridge/historical-snowfall.html?&y=2013&q=snow

Snow ridge is reporting 40" depth at the summit.

Go to western NY and you'll find Kissing Bridge with 48" depth (that won't be gone until July!) that's one place that is getting seriously hammered. http://www.onthesnow.com/new-york/kissing-bridge/historical-snowfall.html?&y=2013

I'm looking for a legit weather source, not ski area spin.

xwhaler

N-EAST_WRF_SFC_ACCUM-SNOWFALL_48HR.gif

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

I see where you're coming from now:
CONUS1_ETA212_SFC_ACCUMSNOWFALL-KUCHERA_72HR.gif

CONUS2_GFS0P5_SFC_ACCUM-SNOW_78HR.gif

Last edited:

Euler

I'm not sure I believe that number. Constableville, which isn't that far away is showing 102". It's not impossible, it just makes me want to look closer. Glad I could be of no help ;)
It's totally possible. Most of the snow is from lake effect which forms in narrow bands. I grew up in Watertown, NY and often one town on the Tugg Hill would get three feet, while 15 miles away another town would get a foot.

This is my intuition, but I'm thinking 8-14 east of rt 24, 6-8 inside of 495, 4-6 up to Pats Peak (possibly tickling Crotched) west to Wawa. 2-4 up to Sunapee, west to Okemo and 1-3 on north to the Whites, SR, Sugarbush. I'm probably wrong lol, just my 2 pennies.

Honestly, is BOX reading this thread? lol

StormTotalSnowFcst.jpg

wa-loaf

Didn't really add up to much, but it snowed on and off all day at Pats today and was dumping pretty hard when I left. Probably be a good night session.

BenedictGomez

DT's final call map

1604928_635402856506976_2119743903_n.jpg

I could easily see these numbers being beaten if the trend continues. Trend is my friend!

MommaBear

My favorite was this past weekend when they had parts of.CT getting 1-2" and they got 10". These maps show it too.

I am just east of central CT and got a dusting to .5 inch. Was surprised to see the news last night showing parts of CT with a foot of snow!

I'm literally on pins and needles waiting for the GFS to see if it follows suit. 5-6 inches at SR would be mighty fine.