• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Super Bowl Sunday Skiing

Tin

Unfortunately for us spoiled Cannon skiers,Super sunday is one the most crowded weekend days of the year.I'll certainly ski early and then sigh as I drive back to my house past all the cars parked at Mittersill and being shuttled up the road.

Can you define crowded? I was planning on Sunday there...how many chair or minute wait? Crowded at Crotched (6-8 chair wait) is different from crowded at Stratton (20-30 minute wait).

Cannonball

Can you define crowded? I was planning on Sunday there...how many chair or minute wait? Crowded at Crotched (6-8 chair wait) is different from crowded at Stratton (20-30 minute wait).

The only time I've had a 20 minute wait at Cannon was on a SB Sunday. The only time I've ever left Cannon because it was too crowded was on a SB Sunday.

But it's all context. As SIKSKIER said, we are spoiled. I have been to Loon, WV, Sugarbush, Wildcat, etc many times on a typical weekend and seen much worse lines than SB Sunday at Cannon.

Tin

Thanks Cannonball. Definitely Cannon on Sunday and torn between Black or Cannon Saturday.

Last edited:

Puck it

The only time I've had a 20 minute wait at Cannon was on a SB Sunday. The only time I've ever left Cannon because it was too crowded was on a SB Sunday.

But it's all context. As SIKSKIER said, we are spoiled. I have been to Loon, WV, Sugarbush, Wildcat, etc many times on a typical weekend and seen much worse lines than SB Sunday at Cannon.

we can go to the pub!

SIKSKIER

Don't want to scare you away.Long lines at Cannon for most of us is more than 5 minutes.Super Day might have 10-15 minute lines.

C-Rex

I'm ok with a line at the lift but how are the trails at Cannon when it's crowded. I'm pretty sure I'm headed up Sunday. As long as I can get away from people when on the hill, I'll deal with them at the bottom.

Puck it

I'm ok with a line at the lift but how are the trails at Cannon when it's crowded. I'm pretty sure I'm headed up Sunday. As long as I can get away from people when on the hill, I'll deal with them at the bottom.

Pleanty of room to spread out but there are congestion points like any mountain.

Puck it

Are the glades in play? Any advice for someone who's never been?

Upper glades may be in play with the wind. Probably only poaching though. Lower glades probably not yet. I may go up Thurs or Fri this week. I will let you know.

I tend to go up high first and stay. Then hit the front five late morning before going in for a brew. then repeat.

C-Rex

Upper glades may be in play with the wind. Probably only poaching though. Lower glades probably not yet. I may go up Thurs or Fri this week. I will let you know.

I tend to go up high first and stay. Then hit the front five late morning before going in for a brew. then repeat.

Cool. Much appreciated.

Cannonball

This is a perfect Super Bowl. By "perfect" I mean I can't possibly imagine how I could have any less interest in it. So for me it won't conflict with skiing Sunday afternoon or early Monday morning.

dlague

Agreed except I selfishly have an interest in Peyton losing.

+1

It is hard for New Englander's - on one side you have the Brady nemesis (sort of) Peyton Manning and on top of that Wes Welker vs Seattle being coached by a former Patriots Head Coach. I am pulling for Seattle since that have an under 6 foot tall quarterback and is only two years in the league vs the other quarterback who is two years away from retiring (if he does not win)!

In any case, we will be up at Saddleback for the RSNE stop for that weekend and will stay over night and ski it again!