• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Super Bowl Sunday Skiing

cooze

Anyone aware of any local mountains (east coast, NJ) offering any super bowl sunday specials? Figured that i would ask here before perusing the websites. Thanks in advance!

C-Rex

Cannon does a 2 for 1 on SB Sunday...that's where I'm planning to be.

I've been looking to check out Cannon this season, SB Sunday may be the day. It's about a 3 hour drive from me so I might check out Attitash on Monday and make a weekend out of it. I can get an e-ticket for $48. Anyone know any good Monday deals? How about a good place to stay in the area? Nothing fancy, just clean and affordable is all I need.

I know next to nothing about the NH skiing scene.

xwhaler

^^^^^^^
Dartmouth Skiway has $20 tickets any non-holiday Monday.
If you know anyone with a Ride and Ski card they have midweek 2 fers to Black, Cranmore, Ragged, and Crotched in NH.

The Cranmore one is in the form of a coupon that gets mailed with the book. PM me your address and I'd be happy to put one in the mail for you. No idea if they require you to show the card as well.

Also, look at the Irving gas promos--lots of options for midweek BOGO turns thru there w/o needing to pre-buy. Given the fickle weather I'd be hesitant to pre-buy for anything midweek especially given the widely available deals you don't need to commit to in advance. Especially if you ski Cannon on Sunday you could stay somewhere in the area and make the call Monday AM depending on available terrain or how much you feel like driving.

Last edited:

Cannonball

I've been looking to check out Cannon this season, SB Sunday may be the day. It's about a 3 hour drive from me so I might check out Attitash on Monday and make a weekend out of it. I can get an e-ticket for $48. Anyone know any good Monday deals? How about a good place to stay in the area? Nothing fancy, just clean and affordable is all I need.

I know next to nothing about the NH skiing scene.

Fair warning Cannon's SB 2-4-1 can be one of their most crowded days. But, that is by Cannon standards so it is still far less crowded than most resorts on any given weekend. I will likely be riding Cannon that day. Shoot me a PM or email if you're coming up we can share some turns.

Good "clean and affordable" places to stay near Cannon:

South of the notch (Lincoln and Woodstock)
Parker's Motel, Lincoln, NH: This motel is the closest to Cannon on the south side of FranconiaNotch (it's the very last place before getting into the Notch). This makes it a great option if you are coming up the night before and want to save yourself a late-night drive through sketchy conditions in the Notch. It is affordable, clean, and friendly. They offer discount tickets to Cannon. There is NOTHING going on here for entertainment. It's just a room to sleep in.

Indian Head Resort, Lincoln:
Just a little south of Parker's. This is more of a "resort" with pools and hot tubs and restaurant. It can be a s*show of kids and families. I can't really say I'd recommend it but given its popularity I'm sure lots of people like it.

Woodstock Inn and Brewery: Not sure about the pricing, could be expensive. But it puts you in Woodstock, and more importantly puts you right at the Brewery. Great beer, food, people, etc.

A whole bunch of others:
I haven't stayed at these so I can't comment but also nearby are Beacon, Econolodge, Woodwards, Profile, etc.

North of the Notch (Franconia)
Kinsman Lodge: I have never stayed here but I constantly hear raves about it. Search this forum for several excellent reviews.

Hillwinds lodge:
I stayed here once for New Years. It kinda sucked (bad service, weird people). But it was clean and cheap. If that's all you need, it works.

Others: Haven't stayed at these but I drive by them and they look OK: Gale River & StonyBrook. Franconia and Sugarhill also have a bunch of B&Bs that are good like The Horse&Hound and Sugarhill House. But doesn't sound like that's what you want. Also Franconia Inn is large(ish) but pricey I think. Nice XC trail system there.

Puck it

Fair warning Cannon's SB 2-4-1 can be one of their most crowded days. But, that is by Cannon standards so it is still far less crowded than most resorts on any given weekend. I will likely be riding Cannon that day. Shoot me a PM or email if you're coming up we can share some turns.

I thought you skiing with me that day! Is your dance card full?

Bene288

I don't think Belleayre has any deals, but I've been there the last 3 Super Bowl Sundays and I pretty much had the entire place to myself. Especially once 12:00 comes around. I have a few Bogos for Belleayre. I'd be willing to trade if you have anything I could use. PM me if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooze

I don't think Belleayre has any deals, but I've been there the last 3 Super Bowl Sundays and I pretty much had the entire place to myself. Especially once 12:00 comes around. I have a few Bogos for Belleayre. I'd be willing to trade if you have anything I could use. PM me if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the offer...Unfortunately I do not have anything to offer. I usually go to Hunter, but I may check out Belleayre for super bowl Sunday

puckoach

This will be my crew's 6th year doing a Superbowl Ski Trip.

The deals are offered as most are empty. Cannon's has proved to get results.

Search the lodging direct. Not thru a "group/regional " web site.

We will be ski 3/stay 2 - Sun, Mon, Tues for a total of $190 each. As we found a condo owner that would rather have something, than nothing.

skifree

I'm hitting snow or uhhhh okemo since its ski council day

SIKSKIER

Unfortunately for us spoiled Cannon skiers,Super sunday is one the most crowded weekend days of the year.I'll certainly ski early and then sigh as I drive back to my house past all the cars parked at Mittersill and being shuttled up the road.

Puck it

That goes without saying, but I thought you could use a dose of some additional snowboarders! You wouldn't have all those twisting knee injuries if you locked yourself into one board. You'll see the light someday.

I may have to one day try it.