• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak MLK Weekend

John W

Happy new year everyone! Had a great weekend with friends at Jay peak MLK weekend.. We drove up thursday night from NYC. Left around 10:30 and arrived around 4:30am. We were able to check in right away and take a little nap before getting out…
Friday - conditions for Jay Peak were less then optimal.. 35 or so of the 78 trails and glades were open… Lots of exposed rocks, dirt and twigs.. So my friends and I tried the best we could to find the best groomers… We had a nice full day.. Skied 9-3. No wind, no issues and overall a nice day for the conditions. We went to the 21 and over party at the water park, got in the jacquzzi and watch my friends eat it on the wave, surf thing….. I got some decent video and refused to partake myself…
Saturday - flurried on and off. More of the same. Corned out conditions but got a full day in followed by a fantastic dinner at Belfry!!!! Wings, escargot, bread, maple glazed pork chops… We all ate like kings… And we heard snow was in the forecast so we shut it down after that. SATURDAY WAS CROWDED!!!
Sunday - Got about 5 inches and it really opened things up over the corse of the day.. Got some solid glade runs in.. Hit up Andre's Paradise and that side… Hit up Timbuktu.. That also skied well.. My crew went in around 1.. and I stayed out until last chair and rode as many glade runs as I could before making it back to Racoon run…. With more snow in the forecast I was anxious to get up early and ride some before the long drive back to NYC… Inexplicably the MOUNTAIN WAS COMPLETELY EMPTY ON SUNDAY…
MONDAY MORNING!!! ------- JACKPOT…. 6-10 inches of fresh wherever the mountain blew it.. No wind, mid 20's and dumping all morning… EVERY TRAIL SKIED GREAT… NOT A LINE TO BE WAITED ON.. it was seriously like a dream… Only issue was chairs were supposed to start at 8.. They didn't until 9 which really cut into my day which was to end at 11…. Kitz Woods to the glade below… Deliverance, Timbuktu, everglade, staircase, andre's/out of bounds… I couldn't lap fast enough and there wasn't anyone around to hold me up on line… It was fantastic… I had been to jay 7 or 8 times and never had a morning much less a day like this…. Only complaint is they were charging holiday prices but not operating on holiday weekend hours…. But I couldn't really complain about much else… Great weekend… trying to upload photos…..IMG_3877.jpgIMG_3878.jpgIMG_3857.jpgIMG_3849.jpgIMG_3864.jpg

Huck_It_Baby

Very nice. I've hit Jay on days like this before. Powder, no lines...it's dream-like. Even better when you traveled so far to get up to the mountain.

Cornhead

Thanks for the TR, glad somebody's getting it!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

gladerider

will be up there for the prez week. can't wait. thanks for the update.

crank

Sweet! Nice report and good to see Jay is back in action. My first day ever at Jay was like that - Plenty of powder and nobody there.