• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Storm Speculation Thread - Saturday 25 Jan 2014

WJenness

Saw someone mentioned in the other thread that they liked having separate threads for each storm...

I do too, so I thought I'd start this.

What do you guys think???

JDMRoma

Perfect timing for me.........its my B Day and all Im asking for is SNOW !
Ill be at Cannon for 8am Saturday...........Sunday and Monday too !

BenedictGomez

Meh. Not really a "storm" and not big enough to warrant a thread.

Vermont may get 3 to 5 at best I suppose, but, again, meh'ish.

hammer

Latest discussion from NWS isn't too promising:

LOW PRESSURE WILL MOVE ACROSS SOUTHERN QUEBEC ON SATURDAY AND WILL DRAG ANOTHER ARCTIC FRONT THROUGH NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND SATURDAY EVENING AND NIGHT. ENOUGH WAA AND MOISTURE SHOULD BE PRESENT FOR A PERIOD OF LIGHT SNOW OR SNOW SHOWERS SATURDAY AND SATURDAY EVENING. HOWEVER...MOISTURE WILL BE TOO LIMITED FOR ANYTHING SUBSTANTIAL. WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED TO SEE A FEW BRIEF HEAVY SNOW SQUALLS WITH THE FRONT HOWEVER.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Meh. Not really a "storm" and not big enough to warrant a thread. Vermont may get 3 to 5 I suppose, but, again, meh'ish.

I've given up on being greedy. I'd be psyched if the Whites got 3 to 5. I'd prefer a consistent pattern of small snowfall events and consistent cold than the bigger storms we've gotten so far this season followed by warm ups.

cbackman

Will be at jay peak on Saturday, hopefully the jay cloud is present and dumping

Not really a storm, more like the atmosphere get kinda damp as the 1st batch of arctic air leaves, then gets wrung out as the next batch of dry air rolls in.

If you want snow, it'll do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Monday has much more potential than this.

650x366_01221550_uf32.jpg

But they clearly labeled it as "Potential", so it's not irresponsible at all.

True, but there's also the potential for snow the rest of the winter as well :wink:

They might as well put up a map in the summer that says "potential for snow on Christmas day in the north east!" 6 days is a long time and knowing these clipper systems, the tracks shift a ton this far out. No need spreading hype... Yet

Wavewheeler

Hopefully "nonexistent" for my area! Anything can change. The foot of snow I have outside my window was "just a few flurries" 5 days ago. ;) I want it up north though! That would be awesome! :thumbup:

The Shore always has the weirdest weather regardless...Ocean does strange things to the weather! The snow that dumped north in December turned to rain or was nonexistent here. That's what I want.

In the REALLY long forecast 10 days out the end of next week looks interesting. For me, it should only snow Wed-Saturday when I have off. ;)

catsup948

I think the Monday storm is tracking much further north than yesterdays. Obviously a lot can change between now and then. Accuweather is trying to hype another storm that could hit the I 95 corridor!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk