• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NY'ers take on Maine

ScottySkis

@Cornhead Starting from NYC. What about you? Don't think I can officially take off on Monday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a "sick day". :eek:

Hi I am riding with Cornhead and one other. As of now our plan is to maybe meet where I live in south Sullivan County NY near Newburgh AMD probably Thursday before the summit and go some place on the way Thursday maybe Stowe, Friday Saddleback, Saturday and Sunday the summit then drive home. That the plan.

JHG

I am completely on board with @jenychen's NYS flag pin idea. Wear it strong.

jenychen

Hi I am riding with Cornhead and one other. As of now our plan is to maybe meet where I live in south Sullivan County NY near Newburgh AMD probably Thursday before the summit and go some place on the way Thursday maybe Stowe, Friday Saddleback, Saturday and Sunday the summit then drive home. That the plan.

Aggressive schedule!

NamofNY

What's the best travel plan for a Fri-Mon stay? Who is leaving on Friday morning at 2am to hit the slopes friday morning?

ScottySkis

What's the best travel plan for a Fri-Mon stay? Who is leaving on Friday morning at 2am to hit the slopes friday morning?

I would suggest hit up a place in south NH on the way Friday. Then Monday maybe do south Vermont like Mountainsnow.

xwhaler

It will be a great summit but I will say SL needs natural badly right now....I skied there yesterday.....extremely cold and windy. First few runs in the AM off the SQ were really good. Kings was our first run and best of the day....hayburner also decent. Every run thereafter got progressively worse however....narrow gauge headwall was a dangerous sheet of blue ice. The wind was pretty vicious and blowing snow off the trails. They did have skidder lit up top to bottom and was open but didn't try it....probably should of. Bullwinkles was slammed at 1030 when we went to warm up.....run down to skyline and a couple runs there.....whiffletree got shut down along with king pine, and skyline,due to wind. This resulted in massive lines at the SQ so we did a t bar run and called it a day before hitting the widowmaker for lunch
I was luckily skiing on a discounted Boyne gold pass friends $50 voucher but it was a tough day both conditions and weather wise

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

bigbog

Sounds like a rough day X. I know what ice the winds whipping around SL can produce. The next 3 weeks, according to Weather.com for Kingfield look really, really Good!...no melt & freeze. Better than the last month...fwiw. Should give them time to keep at snowmaking/grooming...at least some of KingPine and Timberline were open...y/n?

Last edited:

JHG

Skiing first tracks on Monday before the return trek to NY = done and done. Ideal gnar shredding conditions.

pyang32

Skiing first tracks on Monday before the return trek to NY = done and done. Ideal gnar shredding conditions.

assuming there is any? let's see what the thurs snow report says

skifree

I did the the 6 1/2 drive home from the loaf after skiing all day and had a serious motor neuron shutdown.
my partners had to peel my hands off the steering wheel as I was doing 15 mph on the highway.

I now stay over and leave in morning. guess I'm getting old.