NY'ers take on Maine - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindiggity View Post
    @Cornhead Starting from NYC. What about you? Don't think I can officially take off on Monday, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a "sick day".
    Hi I am riding with Cornhead and one other. As of now our plan is to maybe meet where I live in south Sullivan County NY near Newburgh AMD probably Thursday before the summit and go some place on the way Thursday maybe Stowe, Friday Saddleback, Saturday and Sunday the summit then drive home. That the plan.

I am completely on board with @jenychen's NYS flag pin idea. Wear it strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi I am riding with Cornhead and one other. As of now our plan is to maybe meet where I live in south Sullivan County NY near Newburgh AMD probably Thursday before the summit and go some place on the way Thursday maybe Stowe, Friday Saddleback, Saturday and Sunday the summit then drive home. That the plan.
    Aggressive schedule!

What's the best travel plan for a Fri-Mon stay? Who is leaving on Friday morning at 2am to hit the slopes friday morning?

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Quote Originally Posted by NamofNY View Post
    What's the best travel plan for a Fri-Mon stay? Who is leaving on Friday morning at 2am to hit the slopes friday morning?
    I would suggest hit up a place in south NH on the way Friday. Then Monday maybe do south Vermont like Mountainsnow.

Quote Originally Posted by jenychen View Post
    For the Sugarloaf Apres/Nightlife experts: curious what the music situation is like. Live music, DJs?
    Widowmaker usually has a live band. I've seen some pretty good ones in there over the years.

It will be a great summit but I will say SL needs natural badly right now....I skied there yesterday.....extremely cold and windy. First few runs in the AM off the SQ were really good. Kings was our first run and best of the day....hayburner also decent. Every run thereafter got progressively worse however....narrow gauge headwall was a dangerous sheet of blue ice. The wind was pretty vicious and blowing snow off the trails. They did have skidder lit up top to bottom and was open but didn't try it....probably should of. Bullwinkles was slammed at 1030 when we went to warm up.....run down to skyline and a couple runs there.....whiffletree got shut down along with king pine, and skyline,due to wind. This resulted in massive lines at the SQ so we did a t bar run and called it a day before hitting the widowmaker for lunch
    I was luckily skiing on a discounted Boyne gold pass friends $50 voucher but it was a tough day both conditions and weather wise

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app
    2018-19
    Wildcat 11/10

2017-2018 Days: 51
    2016-2017 Days: 51
    2015-2016 Days: 25
    2014-2015 Days: 36
    2013-2014 Days: 25
    2012-2013 Days: 16
    2011-2012 Days: 25
    2010-2011 Days: 24
    2009-2010 Days: 47

Sounds like a rough day X. I know what ice the winds whipping around SL can produce. The next 3 weeks, according to Weather.com for Kingfield look really, really Good!...no melt & freeze. Better than the last month...fwiw. Should give them time to keep at snowmaking/grooming...at least some of KingPine and Timberline were open...y/n?
    Last edited by bigbog; Jan 26, 2014 at 6:51 PM.
    SteveD

Only if it's pat lafreida's patty

Quote Originally Posted by NamofNY View Post
    No one. That's insane

Thread Information