NY'ers take on Maine

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

NY'ers take on Maine

Starting a new thread for all of us Maine newbies who've never skied there before. Any tips, cool places to hang out, best place to Aprés?

Headed to the AZ Summit at the Loaf in 2 weeks!

We have conquered Maine Summers now to take over Maine Winters!

At Sugarloaf: the Bag and Kettle. Get the Bag Burger.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

So what exactly is going to happen when I get up to Maine? Do you NY'ers disappear like the Bermuda Triangle?

Quote Originally Posted by NamofNY View Post
    So what exactly is going to happen when I get up to Maine? Do you NY'ers disappear like the Bermuda Triangle?
    My first time on this trip. I sure some of us will hang out with my favorite girl Mary.

Why won't anyone answer my question?

Sorry, no help here, my drinking days are behind me. As was said, The Bag and Kettle is on the hill. I think there's a bar at the condos, where the welcoming party is. There's also one or two on the access road I believe.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

@ Sunday River in town there is a bar with entertainment that has a sunken bar. You sit in chairs at the bar and the bartender is sunk below you. I do not recall the name but everything about the place was interesting and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Sorry, no help here, my drinking days are behind me. As was said, The Bag and Kettle is on the hill. I think there's a bar at the condos, where the welcoming party is. There's also one or two on the access road I believe.
    Agree on the Bag and Rack..but another option:
    Tufulios restaurant & PUB(more restaurant than snack place), ~3-5mi south from the access road(on the main road from Kingfield(#16/#27))...good food and pub stays open late(I ThInK)...
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    Happy Tunes...underneath Tufulios is, I believe, open 7am-10am(?) & 2-8pm. Rentals/Demos..but good quality..(207) 235-8863. Always had a bunch of used skis(verygood--to--topskin chipped) forsale too.

Not sure what time the SL Ski Shop stays open until....but can often find some pretty good skis to demo for the mountain.

The SL Shop in Kingfield(not sure on times) also does/did pretty good quality rentals/demos...(207) 237-6986, 237-6946...

Think both Happy Tunes and the shop in Kingfield will be a little cheaper than the SL Skishop...(my guess).
    Last edited by bigbog; Feb 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM.
    SteveD

Everything is pretty self contained you can walk or take the shuttle around, no need to drive. There is a kick-off party in the penthouse of the Hotel. It might be really crowded and beer ran out quick last year. After that head to the Widowmaker in the base lodge, The Bag and Kettle, or The Shipyard in the Sugarloaf Inn. Repeat Sat night with pre party at Widowmaker.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Thread Information