• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Will Sochi Olympics be a disaster?

twinplanx

Umm, so this guy flew to Russia on his own dime? I don't get it, if I was flying halfway around the world for work I would demand a large payment upfront.

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Good lord, is that what's called "journalism" these days?

She sees a friggin' post on an internet message board and then frames 80% of her "article" on it.

twinplanx

Good lord, is that what's called "journalism" these days?

She sees a friggin' post on an internet message board and then frames 80% of her "article" on it.

I know right, she could of at least introduced herself in the new members thread. Sheeesh ;-)

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

ScottySkis

NHL is talking about pulling out if terrorism happens. Hopefully this stupid terrorism stopped soon. Give Peace a chance. End of political rant.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Huh?

I'm assuming this is another "lost in translation" Scotty post? That's like pulling out if pregnancy happens.

I think what Scotty is trying to say is that the NHL reserves the right to call back NHL players if there's legitimate terrorism concerns.

If I'm Gary Bettman and so much as a legitimate bomb scare happens early in the games, I'm calling the players back. The NHl is a multi billion dollar business. A severe terrorist attack on its players in Sochi could have severe financial ramifications on the league.

ScottySkis

I think what Scotty is trying to say is that the NHL reserves the right to call back NHL players if there's legitimate terrorism concerns.

If I'm Gary Bettman and so much as a legitimate bomb scare happens early in the games, I'm calling the players back. The NHl is a multi billion dollar business. A severe terrorist attack on its players in Sochi could have severe financial ramifications on the league.

Up that is what the NHL said yesterday.

Bene288

The NHL isn't even going to the next Winter Olympics because they're in S. Korea. The only reason they're involved with this one if because a select group Russians in the league that threatened to void their contracts to go to Sochi.

BenedictGomez

The NHL isn't even going to the next Winter Olympics because they're in S. Korea. The only reason they're involved with this one if because a select group Russians in the league that threatened to void their contracts to go to Sochi.

That's more or less a rumor. And the 2nd biggest Russian name voided his contract anyway!

silver rider

Rio does not have the intelligence/police structure like the Russians. I hope they can deter any attacks during the Olympics! Rio should learn from this but they do not have the money to spend to equal that effort.

silver rider

I think the media has a responsibility to broadcast all of the sports. All of these competitors have worked hard to qualify and compete. NBC will only show what they want!

silver rider

I imagine the host nation will have control of the media at least in the ability to shut down what they don't like

soposkier

NBC is streaming everything online live for free if you have a cable subscription.