Why XC ain't so bad - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nah, been there done that, not a fan.

Glad to hear everyone else is enjoying it too! Just got in from a pre-dawn tour. It's colder than Ted Williams' head out there. but beautiful and quiet.

Thursday cont...

I'm hooked. It's amazing how 11" of snow can even make New Jersey look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    Thursday cont...

Did you bring your ice skates? That's a tasty beer. I had a few Heady Toppers last weekend. There is nothing better....period.

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    Thursday cont...

Is that Watchung reservation?

I love XC. Heading out into the woods for fresh tracks is pure joy for me. No stress, no cost (well, after buying the gear), no lines, no noise other than nature.

I downhill 15-20X per season but get out XC skiing 30+ (when we have a good snow year locally). Love to skate and classic - awesome workout and great scenery. My count this year so far is 3 times downhill and 12+ XC (all local). Folks close to Boston should check out Weston Ski Track (they make snow), Great Brook in Carlisle or Windblown in New Ipswich NH.

btw: last season I was skiing Left Gully and was met one of our Olympic woman biathletes who was making it look easy on XC skis...it was fun to watch her.

I want to try this.

Thread Information