• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 1-25-14

sankaty

Date(s) Skied: 1/15

Resort or Ski Area: Mount Snow

Conditions: Mostly PP with some hard pack as the day wore on

Trip Report:

Skiied Mount Snow yesterday with the family and was very impressed with the conditions. I have a low tolerance for hard pack, but there was legitimately soft snow to be found over much of the mountain. Ripcord was open and was very soft even on the steepest pitch. Higher traffic trails developed slick spots as the day wore on, but it wasn't hard to find extensive PP on the trail edges even in the afternoon. We were very pleased with the manageable crowds as well.

The only downside was a lack of bumps and trees, but that was expected. While not bumped up, Commited to Rip Cord did have fun terrain rolls.

A few inches of snow fell during the day. I'm sure surface conditions will be very nice today, but we didn't want to subject the little ones to the brutal cold and wind expected today.

Edit: Just noticed I posted this in the wrong sub forum. I've recreated it in the proper place. Can a moderator delete this tread? Thanks.

Last edited: