• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How did you stumble across AZ?

skiNEwhere

I'm a chairlift enthusiast of sorts and I was trying to find out info about the devils fiddle quad. I was searching google and I found more than one thread about it on this site, and after lurking around a couple of weeks, I signed up.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobi

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
My fellow chairlift nerd, Conrad, showed me. Love the people and have learned so much about the industry in the short year I've been here. Also nice to communicate with people who love the sport and surround their lives around it. It's great to have non-gapers to voice my opinion to. :lol:

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
I'm addicted also but looking for back country reports, so far I've only seen resort reports.

Since you just joined this year, you have to be a bit more patient. There are a few of us that will post from outside the resort boundaries. However so far this year, due to the roller coaster weather, there hasn't really been enough snow in most of the "back country" areas to actually ski them yet. For example, I went out and did some maintenance work on an area I ski but it was in no conditioned to be skied.

Geoff

I'm addicted also but looking for back country reports, so far I've only seen resort reports.

Try the SkiVT-L list server. There are a lot of northern Vermont-centric people there with skins and a heel that lifts. It has a web interface so you don't have to get their email. http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=SKIVT-L

Until it actually snows, you're not going to see much in the way of the way of back country and side country reports.

Geoff

Greg contacted me years ago and asked me to participate in a Killington thread. That's how I ended up on AlpineZone.

wa-loaf

I was just doing the google search thing for NE Skiing. I had already been to Epicski but that wasn't doing it for me at the time.

bvibert

Staff member
Google, I think

I was getting back into skiing and looking for whatever resources I could find. AZ seemed like a good fit, so I decided to stick around... No one has been able to get rid of me since...

sf77

My friend ss20 has been a member of AZ for a year now and I though that I would try it out! In the short couple of day's I've been on it, I've discovered a lot of cool and interesting stuff!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not to date myself, but Greg posted on the RSN Sugarbush Room in 2004 or so and that's how I found out about AZ. He was doing an "AlpineZone Challenge" and it caught my attention.