• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Week of February 2nd, storm speculation

BenedictGomez

Now I'm in the 6" to 12" zone..... ROFL. Well done NWS.

And given there's >4" down already and the heavy stuff hasnt even started yet, I'm leaning on at least the 10" or so high side of that range.

NJ will take the lead over Vermont again! (for a few days)

BenedictGomez

Oh, and MOST importantly.....

The weather models were about ONE HUNDRED MILES WRONG on this one. Which is a good thing. Heaviest snow will be from where I am in NJ and north to at least NY border, but solid snow will reach all the way up into the Cats now.

With today's storm, AND Wednesday's storm, the Cats could be RIDICULOUS good this weekend (That of course is assuming the models arent crazy-wrong with the midweek even as well).

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
p120i.gif

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
6 inches is nothing to write home about... The biggest Jay Peak storm so far happened in November...
You guys are the "spoiled brats" of the northeast :) Anything less than a foot or 4"/day and you're whining. OK, let's let SoVT get the goods for a change!

/just fooling/well, sort of 8)/

(All I can say is Magic on Thursday is going to be orgasmatastic.)

Bostonian

You guys are the "spoiled brats" of the northeast :) Anything less than a foot or 4"/day and you're whining. OK, let's let SoVT get the goods for a change!

I am going to have to take a personal day for this one! I was thinking Cannon, but Magic I think will be the wiser choice

JDMRoma

I am going to have to take a personal day for this one! I was thinking Cannon, but Magic I think will be the wiser choice

Im thinking mid week cannon will work for me, but deciding on wed or thurs.......

MadMadWorld

$15 for some pow is well worth a personal day in my mind