• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Week of February 2nd, storm speculation

catsup948

I hope something comes together next week. I just want some decent precipitation thrown sugarloafs direction!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

JDMRoma

I really like that report....Nice Swath too

We need it bad....think Snow !

Tin

The title is "A February to Remember". Hopefully I will be using up some sick days I have been saving....and that tax return will help lol.

xwhaler

This should be a real popular thread next week for all of us heading up to NW Maine

Madroch

Be in NVT (sb/mrg/stowe) from 2/5 to 2/9- would love to have some freshies or maybe get castle rock at the bush open.

WJenness

Great...

Probably the only time I can't skip out of work all winter.

*shakes angry fist*

But, we need the snow, so whenever it falls is a damned good thing.

wa-loaf

This should be a real popular thread next week for all of us heading up to NW Maine

Yup, Sugarloaf posted this panoramic photo on facebook today. It was a nice photo, but mainly all the exposed rocks on the snowfields are what stuck out to me. :(

xwhaler

Yup, Sugarloaf posted this panoramic photo on facebook today. It was a nice photo, but mainly all the exposed rocks on the snowfields are what stuck out to me. :(

I was there this past Sat...I can vouch for that....snowfields looked liked wind blown rock piles.

BenedictGomez

Might as well post some actual data up in here given it's favorable (i.e. below average cold plus above average precipitation = good thing).

1511893_188124888064823_1430004624_o.png

Smellytele

http://freeskier.com/stories/snow-forecast-heavy-snowfall-across-country
[h=2]The Northeast[/h] One ski area will stand out from the rest in the Northeast, at least for the beginning of the week. New York’s Dry Hill Ski Area is projected to receive 11 to 18 inches of snow from Tuesday through Wednesday night, meaning a deep powder day for Thursday. From there, more snow will move into the area on Saturday, with the highest projections going to Peek’n Peak Resort (four to eight inches), Plattekill Mountain (three to seven inches), and Greek Peak (three to seven inches).
In New England, a Clipper system (a fast moving low pressure system moving in from Canada) should move into the area Saturday morning, with northern resorts in Vermont like Jay Peak, Mad River Glen, and Stowe receiving two to four inches throughout the day, and southern resorts like Magic Mountain, Mount Snow, and Stratton getting three to five inches.
The snow will reach New Hampshire later on Saturday, bringing three to seven inches of snow to Attitash, Black Mountain, and Cranmore and four to eight inches to Cannon Mountain and Loon Mountain. In Maine, the snow will begin Saturday night, bringing three to seven inches to Hermon Mountain, Shawnee Peak, and Sugarloaf, and three to five inches to Sunday River, and Saddleback.