• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Camelback 1/30/14

4aprice

Normally I wouldn't write a TR for one of my morning sessions at CBK, but the conditions were so good today that I had to. Bluebird (not a cloud in the sky), no wind, Skied everything except the park (Rodo, Moores, Oak Grove, and Turkey Trot) and The Big Pocono, Bills Way, Sphinx trio which were under the guns. Everything else skied just great. Started over on Stevenson with Nile Mile and worked my way west. Conditioned bumps on Lower Cleo skied the best they have all season and Rocket is starting to get there (needs more traffic). Saw no ice what so ever. Some of the best conditions I've skied in the Pocono's in years. Off to Blue this weekend and will report from there.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Wavewheeler

Glad you got there today. Yesterday was good but colder and windier. Today was a warmer day and I'll bet it all softened up nicely and they were blowing snow on many of the trails and grooming yesterday. I think the temps were great all around! Glad you got out to enjoy what I think was probably one of the best days of skiing in our area! :thumbup:

fluid164

Going to CBK for first time soon, any advice on where to store your stuff?

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I always keep crap in my car, depending on what I have. If it's nothing epxensive (i.e. no gopro or phone or keys) i'll just leave a bag in the lodge and don't stress about it too much.

Edit: that's generally speaking. I've never been to Camelback specifically :)

fluid164

Thanks all. We followed the crowd and threw our crap on top of the lockers. It worked out fine.

Camelback should provide more benches in the locker area, half the people are hopping in place to change. Also, very disappointed that they don't offer free wifi for parents who don't ski but have to transport.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Wavewheeler

When my daughter and I were there last Wed we were the only ones in the dressing room. I always put our stuff in a larger locker. Basically it's a backpack with our ski gear (face masks, gloves), our street boots, change of clothes, etc. Never a problem and you can usually access the locker anytime you rent and costs $5-10 depending on size and which mountain.