• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Feb 3rd 2014 nearly real-time snow reports

wa-loaf

Snowing in Cambridge. Not really sticking to anything yet.

WJenness

Snow flurrying pretty good here in Woburn, too warm to stick on cars or asphalt, however.

steamboat1

I'd guess about 5"-6" already here in Brooklyn & it's still snowing hard. And yes it's sticking, plows already been down my street at least a 1/2 dozen times.

wa-loaf

Approaching an inch in Cambridge. This is getting out of control!

Wavewheeler

At least 5" here on the Jersey Shore. Unfortunately it goes bye bye Wed when it's supposed to rain all day. Classic Jersey Shore winter stuff. At least up north it'll be snow. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 64

j law

Snowing hard in manhattan. I may have to head up to Central Park to XC ski this afternoon. I just wish this snow was hitting up north!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

hammer

At least 5" here on the Jersey Shore. Unfortunately it goes bye bye Wed when it's supposed to rain all day. Classic Jersey Shore winter stuff. At least up north it'll be snow. :thumbup:
Traffic must be paralyzed down there...

Coating on the cars here in Burlington, Mass. Nothing on the main roads but this afternoon's commute is sure to be crappy.

hammer

NJ isnt quite Georgia.
No but South Jersey typically doesn't get anywhere near as much snow as areas north and west. At least it didn't when I was growing up on the shore.

I just remember trying to drive to visit family over a holiday week and a day after 20+ inches of snow there were lanes on the GS Parkway that weren't plowed. Up here in NE the roads would have been completely clean.