• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How much weight have you lost from skiing/boarding in 2014 season?

Rambo

So most people stated that they burn a lot of calories skiing, and that they lose weight during the ski season.

Please kindly state your body weight or loss so far for this season.

I'll go first - Gained 15 lbs. so far this season.

yeggous

So most people stated that they burn a lot of calories skiing, and that they lose weight during the ski season.

Please kindly state your body weight or loss so far for this season.

I'll go first - Gained 15 lbs. so far this season.

I'm down at least 25 lbs. This is the second winter in a row I've lost that much. Unfortunately summer tends to go the other way.

Hawkshot99

My first winter of tons of skiing was 6 years ago. I lost 25#'s. Most of that however was based off of being to cheap to buy groceries.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

pcampbell

Winter= beer and skiing
Summer = beer and biking. It all about evens out. Though skiing is more fun.

crank

I have lost about 7 pounds since New Years but I gain weight from skiing because I tend to eat and drink too much. I have lost the weight from dieting and hitting the gym when not skiing. Went to Utah for a week and was fairly careful about what I ate/drank and came one even from that trip.

AdironRider

I have gained 10-15 pounds in muscle every ski season. Lose it all by August. I have to buy new pants every winter as a result.

That being said, I was fortunate on the genetics and cant gain fat even if I tried.

Bumpsis

I never lose weight in winter. Snow activites may provde a good opportunty for caloric burn but it's never a deficit for me.
It could be the beer....

rueler

Usually gain 10 to 15 pounds per winter. This season I have only gained 8 so far. Hoping it stays that way. Skiing doesn't burn many calories in my opinion, unless you are touring or doing XC. Well, not enough calories to make a difference with the amount of food/beverage that I typically eat.

yeggous

Usually gain 10 to 15 pounds per winter. This season I have only gained 8 so far. Hoping it stays that way. Skiing doesn't burn many calories in my opinion, unless you are touring or doing XC. Well, not enough calories to make a difference with the amount of food/beverage that I typically eat.

This really depends on where you are skiing and what you are eating.

If you're skiing fixed-grip lifts or waiting in life lines, then you are not burning many calories due to limited ski time. Likewise refrozen groomers take less work than softer snow and especially the ungroomed. On the low end of the scale you have places like Okemo or Smuggs with lots of lift / line time and groomed slopes. On the high end you're talking about Wildcat, which has super fast lift and lots of ungroomed terrain.

As for food, I miss a lot of meals to keep skiing. I do drink a lot though. Somehow it all balances. This is probably because I drink nearly as much in the summer too.

Kleetus

So far lost 10 lbs since New Years day. Pretty extreme diet during the week and workouts...try to follow it on the weekends but after skiing I have to have some beers...which leads to comfort foods. Regardless I'm happy to be down 10 so far in spite of my weekend diet transgressions.

steamboat1

I've been within 8 lbs. +/- of my current weight for over 30 years. Right now I'd say I'm 6 lbs. under the heaviest I've ever weighed. I guess that's about 2 lbs over my average.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've been within 8 lbs. +/- of my current weight for over 30 years. Right now I'd say I'm 6 lbs. under the heaviest I've ever weighed. I guess that's about 2 lbs over my average.

My "delta" is like 25 pounds. Anywhere from 175 to 200. But usually between 180 and 195.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app