• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How much weight have you lost from skiing/boarding in 2014 season?

steamboat1

178 lbs is the least I've weighed & 192 lbs the most. Currently about 186 lbs, it varies day to day. Cut out my beer belly & I'd probably weigh at least 10lbs less, probably more.

bigbog

Took off ~5lbs+...on day #1 back in early December. Will get over to SL on Friday, get as much weight off as possible, then stop in at the Widowmaker...that sounds like a plan for diet success..LOL.

MMW...activity/exercise after meals is becoming a necessity for me with the little amount of skiing these last couple years.

Last edited:

dlague

The beer negates the benefits of calories burned and maybe those apps consumed while drinking said beer! However, my legs feel more toned so I think some muscle has been gained which is denser than fat - ya that's it!

Like wa-loaf mentioned earlier - I lost about 6 lbs due to the flu and a couple days skiing!

bdfreetuna

I was up to 200lbs before ski season... down to 184lbs right now.

But since I've only skied 4 days so far this season, I think the loss is more likely due to the realization that I can't fit into my pants anymore.

jack97

..... I think the loss is more likely due to the realization that I can't fit into my pants anymore.

That's me!

I eat more or less based on where the notch is on my belt. To reinforce this, I buy extra jeans or pants of the same size, that way I would extremely p1ssed if I can't fit in them anymore.

Savemeasammy

I don't really pay much attention to how much I weigh, but I can't help but notice my damn pants keep slipping down, and my belt is as tight as it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

I don't really pay much attention to how much I weigh, but I can't help but notice my damn pants keep slipping down, and my belt is as tight as it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can afford to not pay attention! I on the other hand don't have an option!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cornhead

My goal is to be the world's fittest fat man. I don't play basketball anymore, but if I did, I could set a mean pick. I do regret packing on a few lbs before the start of the season, it's been rough on my knees. Lose weight skiing? Lift assisted Alpine skiing? Bwahhh, that's a good one.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

hammer

Need to get back into more regular running if I want the weight to come off or stay off. Don't ski frequently enough to have it make a difference and when I do I know I make up for it in extra food.