• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski stuff in the office or at work?

Tin

This week might drag given the excitement of storms and the Summit so...Anyone keep anything in their office or at work for motivation? I have a couple of lift tickets from amazing days hanging up above my computer. Whenever I'm having a bad day at work or at school they can spark some memories and turn things around. This one might be my favorites...

Nemo.jpg

xwhaler

I hang trail maps in my office at work of some of my favorite mtns. Have Burke, Cannon, Magic, Loaf, Smuggs, Saddleback, Sugarbush right now.
I also have a Saddleback sticker on my nalgene at my desk.

dlague

My office is complete with:

• a ski movie poster wall
  • a autographed poster wall
  • a ski area poster wall
  • a wall with a "white" board
  • Jay Peak Poster on my office door
  • motivational poster (Attitude) with a skiing theme

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
A relic from heli skiing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Attachments

• 1391537928881.jpg
    1391537928881.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 120

steamboat1

Great picture of The Church. ^
Yeah we have that poster hanging in the ski club, it's awesome. Sugarbush hands out free posters every year, I believe that was last years poster. We have several others hanging from previous years hand outs. I've been to the Bush twice this year but forgot to look for this years hand out. I'm sure I'll be there a few more times before the season is over & have to remember to look. They're usually on the counter at Guest Services when you first walk in the Gatehouse Lodge.

Smellytele

Just realized I do not have a single ski related object in my work area. At home though my son's wall is wallpapered with maps from every area we have been, tickets and posters also a pair of one of his old skis.

Warp Daddy

Oh yeah , back when i was a college president ,my office and waiting areas were decorated with framed ski posters and a few ski paintings my wife did . In the office i had a good sized skiing MOBILE hung from the ceiling and more posters and artwork and family. Ski photo collages .

On the shelves i had ski nut sculptures and other smaller skiing collectables and coffee table ski books . To top it off i kept a pair of XC skis and poles in one corner of the office so i could skip out onthe 15 k of trails we had on the campus whenever i had an appointment free luncheon schedule .

These displays all helped break the ice with the students and other visitors and helped me to convey a sense of approachability
. Often these kinds of jobs convey stilted, formal ,stuffy environments which. Are austere and fail to promote effective communication . This was also an outward sign that hey i was just a regular guy with regular interests .

dlague

BTW Our Living room is decorated like a lodge skiing theme with a little snowboardiing. My son's room is a snowboard museum sorta speak topped with a few Jay Peak posters!

pcampbell

I have a picture of my wife's family in steamboat in the 90s. Classic. It's one of those fake SKI magazine covers.