• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/12 storm speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gladerider

I'm the OP and I had a few beers so I couldn't resist reading comments from folks like istone84.
First, this is a ski/ snowboard forum. It is in our nature to speculate the storms on deck.
Second, if you don't get that or appreciate what people like BG are doing, get the fukout of the thread. This is my thread and people who appreciate that will follow. I follow enuf METs and none provide what I need. But people like BG provide that. So STFU. He is spending the time that many wouldn't due to his passion. He's not getting paid. If you don't get that, why are you here? This is not the weather.com. So I don't need your critique. Get the fukout.
Sorry for the rant to everyone else. Like I said I had a few beers and can't stand these people who's got no respect for others.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

gladerider

Oh. And I'm also from NJ. FU. Jersey strong b!tch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Wavewheeler

I also like the weather maps and "speculation" that is posted in threads like this one. It's awesome to see people getting EXCITED about the prospect of a big snowstorm rather than bitching about it. :snow: :) Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Wavewheeler

Same here.

Bought snowshoes (stole them practically) 2 years ago, this is the first year I've used them!

I bought my snowshoes in March 2011 after we got tons of snow. Got a great deal from Camp-mor. The day after they arrived it rained and washed ALL the snow away. :sadwalk: For the next 2 years they gathered dust.

They have gotten more use in the last 2 months than the past 2 years. :)

BenedictGomez

I bought my snowshoes in March 2011 after we got tons of snow. Got a great deal from Camp-mor. The day after they arrived it rained and washed ALL the snow away. :sadwalk: For the next 2 years they gathered dust.

They have gotten more use in the last 2 months than the past 2 years. :)

Same story, maybe even the same month. Answered an add on Craigslist for a NWT pair of snowshoes that go for $200 to $250 and the guy was selling them for $50. I figure he must have won them in a raffle or something and had no use for them. And I had no use for them until recently.

BenedictGomez

So last night's 00z GFS was extremely confusing, especially given it had the advantage over the other models of near live data via dropsondes. Annndddd not much changed, it's still on an island versus the other models being the most far east. So this will probably go down as either a huge victory for that model or perhaps one of it's most spectacular failures. If the GFS if correct though, people in Maine will get absolutely pounded.

soposkier

StormTotalSnowFcst.png

I like this map, less shoveling to get out Friday morning in the metro boston area.

j law

Please feed my addiction more maps with huge snow totals!!!!!

BenedictGomez

Please feed my addiction more maps with huge snow totals!!!!!

You want a big prediction? These guys are going HUGE.

Way higher snow totals than NWS and pretty much anyone else, so take it FWIW, but at least they have ballz. I can tell you that there are lots of folks who believe this does indeed habe that 15" to 18" potential, but they're not going to put their reputations on the line for it, preferring the safety of swimming with the larger school of fish.

1619469_743028362376700_1678040267_n.jpg

WJenness

So last night's 00z GFS was extremely confusing, especially given it had the advantage over the other models of near live data via dropsondes. Annndddd not much changed, it's still on an island versus the other models being the most far east. So this will probably go down as either a huge victory for that model or perhaps one of it's most spectacular failures. If the GFS if correct though, people in Maine will get absolutely pounded.

I'll be in Maine by midnight tonight doing my snow dance. :)

hammer

Not looking forward to the mess in near Boston but glad that a lot of ski country is forecast to get thumped by this one.

vermonter44

I'll be hitting up Elk tomorrow. They should have around 6 inches by morning and with the snow all day tracks will hopefully fill in during the day :)

dlague

+1 :thumbup:

And I also like the weather maps and "speculation" that is posted in threads like this one. It's awesome to see people getting EXCITED about the prospect of a big snowstorm rather than bitching about it. :snow: :) Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

+1

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

The 12z GFS is out and COMPLETELY CAVED to the other models.

Hey, better late than never!

This is GOOD news for most of ski country, as that "far east" path that the GFS had is off the table.

You'll find me in Northern Vermont this weekend!

EDIT: with picture showing what I mean

1655617_459404060827206_763957425_o.jpg

You can clearly see this is noticeably to the west of where the GFS had been. It's now hugging the coast and sucking up water.

Last edited:

flightschool

Update - Accuweather saying 6-12 will now extend up to Burlington with central VT over a foot... Based on GFS coming in line with Euro, many say catskills could see 20". Everyone is going to do great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.