• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 5.0 2/7/14 - 2/9/14

bvibert

Staff member
Ripsaw

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Attachments

• 1391912726163.jpg
    1391912726163.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 198

bvibert

Staff member
Bubblecuffer

Attachments

• 1391912820171.jpg
    1391912820171.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 199

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bvibert and I poked our head into can't dog just to see how much snow bracket still needs (a lot) and low and behold someone had taken a dump right in the middle of the traverse. I thought Tuna couldn't make it this weekend?

Either that or Highwaystar. He is the shit you know.

bvibert

Staff member
Hopefully that was wildlife.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

The turd was definitely human, there was used tp in the vicinity and everything.

But, enough about poop... The skiing was very good this weekend, and we had a great time at both the parties.

I want to hear reports from some others, and lets see some pictures and videos!

I also want to send out a big thanks to Ethan and the rest of the crew at Sugarloaf for hosting us again this year. Can't wait for next year!

xwhaler

I also want to send out a big thanks to Ethan and the rest of the crew at Sugarloaf for hosting us again this year. Can't wait for next year!

+1000. Such a well run wknd by both SL and AZ. We had a blast and can't wait until next year! Slayed some incredible shin deep untracked at Black ME on the way up, great AZ parties meeting new folks and 're connecting with older friends. Skiing was hardpack both days but decent considering the relative dearth of snow this season. 5th chair up at 730 this AM was awesome to be 1st skiers down Haulback on the fresh cord as Sun comes up over the Bigelows.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

Puck it

We got first tracks down White Nitro when the rope dropped. It was good until the cross over from King Pine.

xwhaler

We got first tracks down White Nitro when the rope dropped. It was good until the cross over from King Pine.

We got up there about 10 chairs after lift opened.....wasn't sure when ropes were going to drop and very cold at that point so went in for a tasty breakfast sandwich at d'ellies.
Jamie: great chatting with u this wknd....were u not wearing your yellow coat this wknd? I didn't see u on the hill at all and did have eyes open.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Fantastic weekend. As always, first tracks was the highlight for me. While groomers typically aren't my preferred terrain, Sugarloaf is a super fun mountain to let the skis fly when there's perfect cord and no one else on the trails.

Glad I got to ski with a wide variety of AZers and meet even more at the parties. My legs (and liver) are completely spent.

BackLoafRiver

Thanks to all who organized such a great weekend. I had a blast meeting so many different people and thoroughly enjoyed the whole event. Special thanks to those who came out Friday for some skiing

Puck it

We got up there about 10 chairs after lift opened.....wasn't sure when ropes were going to drop and very cold at that point so went in for a tasty breakfast sandwich at d'ellies.
Jamie: great chatting with u this wknd....were u not wearing your yellow coat this wknd? I didn't see u on the hill at all and did have eyes open.

I had it on. I was looking for Surface skis only saw one and not yours. We were pretty much all over the mtn. We even skied over at Bucksaw today. We should hook for another Cannon day.