• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bromley 2/10-11

livtoski

Conditions: Powder / Packed Powder. Partly Cloudy and Cold.

On Monday I arrived at mountain to 5 inches of fresh Powder. Since it was a weekday there weren't many people on the slopes, so no lift lines and you had the trials to yourself. All the trials were open and the Powder couldn't be better. Best day skiing for me in a long while. On Tues. most of the trials were groomed and it was a cruisers paradise. But they left enough trials ungroomed with some powder left over from Monday and there were plenty on Moguls with fresh powder to ski if you wanted. There were more people than Monday, but you still had the trials to yourself. No need to look over your shoulder to see if somebody was coming from behind.

They also have a great deal on Tues., 2 for 1. Bring a friend and you both ski for $49.00. You can't beat that for Vermont skiing. The mountain has trials for all abilities and its a great family mountain.:spin:

jaysunn

I have been meaning to give Bromley a try, it faces East right? So sun on it most of the day? Thanks for the report.

bdfreetuna

Yes Bromley gets that direct sunlight. Go over to Pabst Blue Ribbon quad and you'll have good light right up to closing.

livtoski

Bromley is a south facing ski area, it gets sun all day. The only bad thing about Bromley weather-wise is that if its windy it really blows at the top.

Euler

Besides the fun skiing, I love the parking shuttle at Bormley. The lot is across the highway from the hill...skiers are shuttled from the lot to the lodge standing up in the back of a pickup truck! Awesome!!

Abominable

Might be my favorite mountain. Although there's a bigger one due south, and gnarlier terrain due east, I love to atmosphere and history at Bromley. It's where my Dad and his brothers and sisters all skied growing up. Love the bar and the views. Skiing the PBR quad (moguls) on a sunny spring day just can't be beat. And rarely is it overly crowded. And mostly families and good skiers.

I've always wondered if you can hike the AT / LT in either direction from the top and find a nice line down somewhere, maybe coming in on top of the condos....

Getting close to Spring Loaded - four tickets for 100 bucks.