• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift Line Report?

dlague

At least you have a near empty hill at Magic for the way down. Any idea how long the line actually is? 1hr?

I was about 30-40 minutes at peak. Once the racing programs ended then it dropped to about 20 minutes and progressively got shorter as the day wore on.

Glenn

I saw the lines on the Mt Snow webcams this weekend and was glad we were blacked out. It's like getting paid to not have to stand around with 1/3 of the flatland tristate population. I'm sure eating out was a long wait as well.

No lines at Harris Hill Saturday. The only waiting I did Sunday was when I was digging my snowmobile out of the snow in the woods after getting it stuck 4 times. :lol:

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app created by Dan Egan...who also invented the iPhone

Masskier

Awesome holiday weekend at Burke. The Sherburne Express had a 4-5 minute line at times. The Mid Burke Express (1600 feet of vert,) at times had a 3-4 minute line. This was around 2 pm today.

Attachments

• mid burke 2-17.JPG
    mid burke 2-17.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Cannonball

Indeed it was pretty awesome. Tons of sun and you could only feel the wind at the top of the tram. Great riding with you and your family. My jammed shoulder is hurting me a lot more now though!

Oh man, that stinks. Rx = beer, ice, and advil (in that order). Good riding with you too. Thanks for playing the 'sweep' role in the trees. The kids are good but it's hard to lead them and watch them at the same time.

Just put up a trip report. Feel free to add anything I missed, and fill in the rest of the afternoon.

MadMadWorld

Oh man, that stinks. Rx = beer, ice, and advil (in that order). Good riding with you too. Thanks for playing the 'sweep' role in the trees. The kids are good but it's hard to lead them and watch them at the same time.

Just put up a trip report. Feel free to add anything I missed, and fill in the rest of the afternoon.

Already done but in the wrong order lol. No problem I had a blast. It's just more fun to ski/ride with other people. I hope you didn't get a shot of my awful fall!

gregnye

The Mittersill lift was even running at Cannon but not many takers--and for good reason--many, many rocks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cannonball

The Mittersill lift was even running at Cannon but not many takers--and for good reason--many, many rocks!

Hmmm, it's a funny conundrum. Before the lift there weren't as many takers = less traffic = less rocks. Now the lift brings more takers = more traffic = more rocks = less takers. It's bad math!

But still, the equation today was snow>rocks. Which adds up nicely by my calculations.

MadMadWorld

Hmmm, it's a funny conundrum. Before the lift there weren't as many takers = less traffic = less rocks. Now the lift brings more takers = more traffic = more rocks = less takers. It's bad math!

But still, the equation today was snow>rocks. Which adds up nicely by my calculations.

It was really weird. Some spots were a mess but if you had the ability to avoid or go around those section then you were rewarded with some freshies or at the very least chop. The reward was worth the risk in my mind

yeggous

Went to Attitash today and it was surprisingly quiet. Once again this season Bear Peak was the busy side. There were no lines of consequence on the Attitash side all day. Had my pick of tables at the pub at lunch time too.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

drjeff

Mount Snow still had a healthy crowd yesterday. The high speed quads were regularly had 5 - 10 minute lines most of the day, the Bluebird had 10-15 minute lines. After a few hours out in the cold and wind, I didn't mind waiting for the Bluebird to get out of the wind that was right in your face as you were heading up the main mountain. Especially since I knew that I had a few hours of standing on the side of the Grommet Terrain park over at Carinthia ahead of me yesterday afternoon watching my son compete in a contest. That was some COLD "Dad duty!" :)

lerops

Catamount 2/14: powder day, a few chairs at most
Plattekill 2/16: everybody said busiest they have ever seen, 10 chairs or so for a few hours, much less for most of the day.
Plattekill 2/17: ski on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mlctvt

I saw the lines on the Mt Snow webcams this weekend and was glad we were blacked out. It's like getting paid to not have to stand around with 1/3 of the flatland tristate population. I'm sure eating out was a long wait as well.

No lines at Harris Hill Saturday. The only waiting I did Sunday was when I was digging my snowmobile out of the snow in the woods after getting it stuck 4 times. :lol:

I agree with Glenn that why I also have the blackout pass. Since we weren't skiing we made prior plans for the weekend (before the snow) so I didn't ski at all last weekend. With all this snow I'm itching to get out there! Weather looks crappy for Friday, I just hope it doesn't freeze up after the r**n Friday night, I'd like to get into the woods this weekend. Hopefully the crowds will be less at the end of this holiday week, that's always been the case in prior years.

skiking4

Sorry to hear you hit it on a crowded day.

The day after the Nemo storm last year at Plattekill, it was bluebird skies and the first real dump of snow in a long time. Went to Plattekill and there were 5 minute lines at peak time on the triple. Sweet day of skiing though..