• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

On mountain rental for rest of the reason

lerops

I am looking for a place on a mountain for the rest of the season. I thought I could maybe get a deal for a couple of months. It could help us get out quite a bit more than schlepping the whole family with equipment every week.

Any suggestions for where to look?

drjeff

The bigger areas are your best bet for 2 reasons

#1 - generally speaking bigger areas have a larger property rental pool than smaller areas and the more you start with, the better the chance of finding something with comparables to negotiate against

#2 - bigger areas tend to have a good 2 months left in the ski season (a few even more) whereas as bad as it sounds, many smaller areas have only a month or so until last chair

Additionally, if you have pets that you want to bring up with you, make that clear from the start as often pets from a renters standpoint can be a "no deal" situation

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

jimk

I wonder if craigslist of Burlington or elsewhere would be of help?
Anyone try this in CO or UT for only a month or two? That short of duration seems like it could be tricky out there. Many condos want six months lease or more.

gmcunni

I wonder if craigslist of Burlington or elsewhere would be of help?
that's what i was going to say. i was looking for weekend rentals recently and i recall seeing several posts for "remainder of season" rentals.

of course, doesn't need to be said but, be careful of scams... if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

google the email address or phone number and see what hits you get, if you are suspicious.