Bike Log 2014 - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 107

Thread: Bike Log 2014

  1. #41
    After a slow road start for me because of my inability to seemingly say "no" when asked if I'd serve on various professional committees and/or boards combined with my kids having either soccer practice or soccer games 7 days a week right now, I've finally managed to get back out on the roads of NE CT after work a bunch of nights the the last 2.5 weeks

    Went through the 200 mile mark on the season last night on my 7th ride of the year. I had forgotten how much I enjoy about 2 hours in the saddle after work to destress a bit before going home!

    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

  2. #42
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    After a slow road start for me because of my inability to seemingly say "no" when asked if I'd serve on various professional committees and/or boards combined with my kids having either soccer practice or soccer games 7 days a week right now, I've finally managed to get back out on the roads of NE CT after work a bunch of nights the the last 2.5 weeks

    Went through the 200 mile mark on the season last night on my 7th ride of the year. I had forgotten how much I enjoy about 2 hours in the saddle after work to destress a bit before going home!
    I was out riding in your neck of the woods last weekend. There was a NEMBA trail building school that I attended on Saturday and Sunday, which was held at Goodwin State Forest in the Chaplin/Hampton area. We rode after working on Saturday. Ended up with 7.8 miles. It was a nice ride, but overly rocky in some spots, and it was still a bit wet in spots from the rain the previous day.
    Brian

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I was out riding in your neck of the woods last weekend. There was a NEMBA trail building school that I attended on Saturday and Sunday, which was held at Goodwin State Forest in the Chaplin/Hampton area. We rode after working on Saturday. Ended up with 7.8 miles. It was a nice ride, but overly rocky in some spots, and it was still a bit wet in spots from the rain the previous day.
    Goodwin does have some fun terrain but also areas with notorious drainage issues!! A bunch of the crew out of the shop where I get the majority of my cycling equipment, Danielson Adventure Sports, are very active in CT NEMBA, and even have a year round Tuesday evening "Coast and Toast" where they ride a few hours on the trails (the "coast" part) and then drink a few after back at the shop (the "toast" part) either inside or out by the shop's fire pit. And considering that a licensed brewery, Black Pond Brewing, just opened up out of the basement of the shop, any of the shop rides or local cycling club rides that roll out of the shop (and that happens 3-4 days a week) are greated with some good, fresh, "rehydration fluid" upon finishing the ride!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

  4. #44

    Bike Log 2014

    @snoseek - Where in Southern NH have you been biking? I am going to be in the Kittery area on Sunday and would dig an opportunity to ride Fort Rock again.

    Got out for a brief 10 or so miler today. It didn't suck. Here are 2 crappy phone photos:
    ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1401064712.030388.jpg

    ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1401064694.458530.jpg

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    @snoseek - Where in Southern NH have you been biking? I am going to be in the Kittery area on Sunday and would dig an opportunity to ride Fort Rock again.

    Got out for a brief 10 or so miler today. It didn't suck. Here are 2 crappy phone photos:
    ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1401064712.030388.jpg

    ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1401064694.458530.jpg

    Next sunday? Pretty sure im working till 4 or so but could ride after. Stratham hill has some pretty fun stuff also, little bit less chunk than fort rock. I've been over in the towards the center at Bear Brook a lot. Good long xc type loops....some of the very finest in NH imho

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by snoseek View Post
    Next sunday? Pretty sure im working till 4 or so but could ride after. Stratham hill has some pretty fun stuff also, little bit less chunk than fort rock. I've been over in the towards the center at Bear Brook a lot. Good long xc type loops....some of the very finest in NH imho
    Bear brook is great. I need to plan another trip down there. We spent a day and didn't cover much.

    I'll keep you posted on the details for Sunday. A 4ish ride might work out perfectly.

  7. #47
    If you ever get a weekday like a Tuesday off ill show you all the good stuff at BB. It takes a guide and several hours but is so nice. I'll look at my event schedule for the weekend on Tuesday when I go to work

  8. #48
    That ish looks fun. I like the semi-skinny bridge with the "get covered in stinky mud if you fail" factor. It's more fun than the "get dashed on jagged rocks if you fail" factor.
    DAYS ON THE SNOW
    2013-2014: 29
    2014-2015: 23 (so far)

    Mount Snow: 11/27P, 12/20, 1/27P, 1/31, 2/13
    Stowe: 12/6P, 12/7
    Pico: 12/13P
    Smuggs: 1/9, 1/10, 1/11
    Berkshire East: 1/28, 3/2
    Killington: 2/6P, 2/7P
    Magic: 2/9P
    Stratton: 2/22P
    Plattekill: 3/1
    Jackson Hole: 3/19, 3/20, 3/21, 3/23, 3/24

  9. #49
    Got a nice ten miler in yesterday, but about 1 mile from the end I ate it and banged my bike up pretty bad

  10. #50
    And my sunday afternoon ride just turned to a sunday night ride...that's if I even have anything left after yet another hellish weekend at work. Going into a rough 5 weeks at work, surely going to cut into my ride time. This is the time of year when I work my ass off so I can travel later in the fall.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:22 AM.