Bike Log 2014 - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike Log 2014

work and now a cold has kept me from riding yet this year...just finished getting bike ready to ride, now all i hav to do is find time when im not working or exhausted from work to get out but I'm competing with wedding season in the catering business so yeah this sux...this has been my non-ride bike log report for 5/31/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatte74 View Post
    work and now a cold has kept me from riding yet this year...just finished getting bike ready to ride, now all i hav to do is find time when im not working or exhausted from work to get out but I'm competing with wedding season in the catering business so yeah this sux...this has been my non-ride bike log report for 5/31/2014
    Heard.

I loathe may15-July 1st, after that things seem to get more reasonable till September...then it all goes to shit till after Colombus day weekend.

I'm up to 135 MTB miles so far this year.

This past weekend was good. We had a Scott bike demo on Saturday which had a great turnout, including BackLoafRiver, who came all the way from Maine to Connecticut. I put in 13 miles in 3 different loops (had to keep to shortish rides so that the demos weren't out for too long). Everyone seemed to have fun, and it was a great showcase for our trail system. A post ride BBQ didn't hurt either!

Yesterday I finally got my son back out for his second ride of the year. He did great on 3.3 miles over some rocky terrain. Now I just need to get my daughter back out there!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    @snoseek - Where in Southern NH have you been biking? I am going to be in the Kittery area on Sunday and would dig an opportunity to ride Fort Rock again.

Got out for a brief 10 or so miler today. It didn't suck. Here are 2 crappy phone photos:
    Attachment 12704

Attachment 12703
    Where are the pictures from - that looks fun!
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post

This past weekend was good. We had a Scott bike demo on Saturday which had a great turnout, including BackLoafRiver, who came all the way from Maine to Connecticut. I put in 13 miles in 3 different loops (had to keep to shortish rides so that the demos weren't out for too long). Everyone seemed to have fun, and it was a great showcase for our trail system. A post ride BBQ didn't hurt either!
    Saturday may have been a season highlight for me. First, HUGE thanks to BVibert and Woodcore (plus others) for showing me around. To quote a dear friend of mine, it was "some of the most fun you can have with your clothes on". Nass is super fun...it has a bit of everything. There was so much flow I couldn't get over it. The trail builders are doing some incredible stuff. It is such a stark contrast to what I am riding in Maine. A lot of it, I guess, has to do with the vastness of the network. I rode 15 miles and according to reports, that isn't even scratching the surface.

I now have to book a several day trip to the area so I can see more. Props to you guys for all you have done down there. Miller time was KT worthy. That one berm...sweet lord. I probably could have lapped it all day. Each of the three times I rode it I noticed my speed getting faster and was more comfortable. Such good stuff. The post-ride hang was great.

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Where are the pictures from - that looks fun!
    Both pics are from the fox trail at Bradbury. The out-of-focus pic is fox west. The swamp bridge is Fox East. I try and end every ride with East. As close to flow as I will get there.

That being said, I got a quick ride in yesterday. I decided to slice off a piece of humble pie and attempt the "O" trail once again. And, once again, I left defeated. That trail is bi-polar. It goes from really well defined and smooth to hell in a single turn. The trail has little elevation...practically none. But, it does have tech. Roots, rocks, more roots, more rocks and, wait a minute...more roots. I only rode 1.5 miles of the 3+ and I couldn't get off fast enough. I couldn't maintain a steady line at all. Ass-kick o'clock.

I am not sure what my current mileage is but, the quality of those miles has been stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by BackLoafRiver View Post
    Saturday may have been a season highlight for me.
    Glad you had a good time!
    Brian

Had I known about this I would have made the trip, been to long since I last ride Nass.

Saturday I did a very hard 9 miles at Batchelor street, still getting used to the 1x10 drive train and that place is always good for a but kicking. Sunday I did 35ish miles on the road and tried to get some good climbs in to get ready for a big charity ride I am doing in August . If you asked me after the ride I would have sworn I did well over 2000 feet of climbing....according to starve is was only 1600

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post

Yesterday I finally got my son back out for his second ride of the year. He did great on 3.3 miles over some rocky terrain. Now I just need to get my daughter back out there!

I'm up to about 15 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Had I known about this I would have made the trip, been to long since I last ride Nass.

Saturday I did a very hard 9 miles at Batchelor street, still getting used to the 1x10 drive train and that place is always good for a but kicking. Sunday I did 35ish miles on the road and tried to get some good climbs in to get ready for a big charity ride I am doing in August . If you asked me after the ride I would have sworn I did well over 2000 feet of climbing....according to starve is was only 1600
    You need to get on Facebook for all the rides. Bvibert is hosting a children ride Sunday if your free. Then again it looks like he broke his bike again tonight.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

I would rather miss out than join FaceBook.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I'm up to about 15 miles.

You need to get on Facebook for all the rides. Bvibert is hosting a children ride Sunday if your free. Then again it looks like he broke his bike again tonight.

Finally got some riding at willowdale after work today, only 90 minutes but damn after that weekend it was glorious. Off tomorrow and planning some big miles at Bear Brook.

Thread Information