• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 13th (Don't Crucify me!)

flightschool

Hoping the gusts aren't too bad at Loon...I don't know if they'll close chairs at 30mph? does anyone?

Tin

Magic still reporting 3" and rain on FB, Pico is "claiming" 10". Might make the trip further north tomorrow if they don't report wind holds.

Rowsdower

so snow now for the Catskills or still just rain?

Looks like just rain. Temperature was getting down there but spiked back up in the last couple hours. Hunter maybe 2-4 inches if we're lucky. Plattekill might get in the 3-6 inch range. Bummer. Was hoping to take off Friday. Is there anywhere within 4 hours of Piscatawy/New Brunswick that isn't going to get hosed by rain?

D-2.5-GT

Hoping the gusts aren't too bad at Loon...I don't know if they'll close chairs at 30mph? does anyone?

Hard to say.

Was there a few weeks ago for the last big midweek storm and it was quite windy. They ended up shutting the gondola down early afternoon, but the others were running fine. North peak gusts were strong but seemed straight into wind. Prob depends on direction and strength.

abc

Now that we know we are getting the goods, what's the deal for those that will not make it up to the mountains until Sat. Any idea if it is going to rain or snow Sat in VT/NH. Rain and then a freeze Sat will really make for a bummer.
1) I don't see a lot of precip, whatever form it come.

2) Go as far north as you can and the changeover will be in your favor (at least that's what I plan to do, unless I hear confirmation of the reverse).

first light

I have a customer that is insisting that I go use his ski house near Burke Mtn, I am taking him up on it. Stoked!

Just arrived in Montgomery Center, VT. The drive down from the Hinterlands was a little hair-raising at times but not as bad as expected. Lots of blowing snow and drifting. Roads in NVT are a little surfy.

I'd say there is seven inches of fresh, very fine, dense snow on the ground here. You know, the cream cheese variety. In my experience, you can double that for the mountain, though I'm preparing for figuring out what aspects to ski, considering the wind.

I'll take it.

Euler

Magic still reporting 3" and rain on FB, Pico is "claiming" 10". Might make the trip further north tomorrow if they don't report wind holds.
Pico's claim is legit. I was a Killington today. A day like you dream about!

makado420

Any budy know if bellerye went to shit or if there getting snow tonight

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Wavewheeler

When I checked the Hunter webcam at one point (around 9pm) it was raining. A few hours later I saw snow so they did get some but not much. Radar wasn't showing all that much either. It rained a lot of the day in the Cats. At most they got a few inches.

There was a lot of snow up there when I went last Thursday-Friday so I'm sure a lot is still there but with all the thawing and refreezing that's going on and is forecast for this coming week, it's a toss up as to how good things are or will be.

I figured with a foot and a half of new snow 150 miles further north and colder temps, it was worth both the drive and added expense, especially since my daughter is coming with me and it will probably be the last ski trip for the season so I'm not taking any chances.

steamboat1

Sun.- Mon. looking good & then again Wed. -Thurs. It's going to be a great week in VT.
Well as it worked out just a dusting Sun. night. Mon night maybe an inch or so than blue skies, warm temps & mucho sunshine Tues. I was almost ready to break out the sun block. 24 hours later approaching 2 feet of nice light new snow. I'd say it was a great week.

Powda

New to the forum, just wanted to say Thank You to all that contribute. Definitely made my storm skiing experience better.