• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Elk 3/7/14

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Elk mountain
Arrived to 22F , 0 wind,Bright Blue bird with a few clouds to the West, Groomers were very good except lower part of Tioga, lots of ice but manageble, Tunkanock was a variety of Bumps with bumpy whales , My runs before noon were not as good as I would have liked.Pretty ugly at times back seat and tangled tips, Skiers left had some large drop offs downslope, Clouds moved it around 11 and Sun came back out around 12:30.
Things loosened up very nicely, my afternoon mogul runs improved after I change style a little bit, troughs were very tight.
lifted my up hill ski as I entered the troughs a few other moguls on Tioga Spur were soft earlier.
Ski tracks 18 runs , 14,652 Vert. Max speed ....Fast
Would have skiied longer as things were really awesome later, Been fighting an upper respatory bug.
Whoever is planning on Elk tomorrow is going to have an awesome Day!IMG_2772.jpg

jgh1980

One of my favorite places. Hope to make it back next year.