• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke, Jay, & Owl's Head March 5-7

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
Subaru Inn. You are hardcore my friend.

Well why should we waste our time with softcore when we can be hardcore. I can't afford the luxury ski experience so I'm all about the ski bum experience. Its the only way I can afford to ski. On my two three day ski trips this season I ate ten peanut butter and jelly sandwiches as well.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Great report. The conditions at Burke on Saturday were still the same as what you had. Burke needs 8 inches to really get things into shape. Hopefully this week's storm produces setting us up for a good spring. I love you your high zoom pictures of Burke from Owls Head and Jay.

fbrissette

I had Owls Head on my Fox 44 card so that was why I chose it. I imagine all those Eastern Township areas were probably busy that week. I wouldn't mind checking out Sutton, Bromont, or Orford in that region.

Natural Snow from least to most: Bromont - Orford/Owl's Head - Sutton
Crowds from most to least: Bromont - Orford/Owl's Head - Sutton
Grooming from most to least: Bromont (by miles) - Orford/Owl's Head - Sutton
Glades from least to most: Bromont - Owl's head - Orford - Sutton

Conclusions, if you like smaller crowds, most natural snow, little grooming and lots of glades, Sutton wins hand down. They have old fixed grip chairs however.

If you like crowds but outstanding grooming (most trails are groomed 3 times per day) Bromont is your choice.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I regret not skiing Sutton, Orford, or Owl's Head having grown up and lived in Vermont. They were so damn close. The border was just enough of a deterrent.

PWDR8S

Any word on snow totals yet at Burke? Thinking of heading up tomorrow for some fun in the glades.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I talked to my folks in Lyndonville tonight and they said the storm was just getting started.