• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Upcoming storm and weekend: where are folks going?

SnowRock

Hmm so taking a closer look at things I am wondering if I am nuts trying to make it to South Burlington leaving after work today.

Usually go the northway through Fort Ann then 4 to 22 to 7 into Burlington. Have done that 22 stretch during snow before but nothing this big.

My alternate idea was grabbing a room right off the northway there but would still be a bit of a drive to stowe Thursday morning

jimk

There is no such thing as "Winter Storm Vulcan".

Winter storms do not get named, unless you're trying to scare people, and generate hype, media attention, and marketing dollars.

I'm from Virginia. We're paralized by two inches and remember 12" storms for the rest of our lives.:thumbup:

hammer

Loon on Sunday unless the family wants to do something different...and in that case I have a Magic pass that I could burn on Saturday.

C-Rex

Heading to Killington tomorrow, and I might shoot up to Jay for Friday if I can find someone to go with. I have 2 passes and I don't think I'll be getting a better day to use them.

Cannonball

Lots of people mentioning Cannon for tomorrow. And I think that's great (wish I could make it myself)! Just want to toss out a tip/warning. If the snowfalls equal the forecast it will be an rare and exceptional day to hit Tramline. Just be aware that the tram doesn't run on Thursday and you'll be in for a long trek back to lifts if you ski it. Might be worth it anyway... Just letting you know.

Bene288

Gore. I took work off for my trip to Tahoe and therefore can't take off Thurs/Friday. I'm hoping to be able to find leftovers.

chuckstah

killington and/or Pico Thursday. MRG Friday, then Kmart for the weekend.

Wavewheeler

Saw a WC report from Killington this evening , Jim Cantore saying earlier today it was knee deep....

And that is why I just booked a ski and stay package at our favorite hotel for Killington for next week, Wednesday and Thursday skiing. It was looking too uncertain throughout the week in the Catskills. I looked a the live cam on Hunter's website and it was just sad, with the raindrops covering the lens of the camera. :sadwalk: With the possibility of warming and rain both over the weekend and on the days we are planning to ski it was a nobrainer to make the decision to head further north.

It's hard to walk away from 18-24" of snow. :snow: Should be plenty left for us to enjoy next week. :thumbup:

abc

Here's what I planned (I got next week off)

Sat/Sun - Jay or Burke. Anyone care to give a pros and cons of either?
Monday - Sugarbush north for $17
Tuesday - Sugarbush or MRG. Again, if anyone has suggestion of one over the other, I'm all ears.
Wed - Sun - Stowe (it's Stowe's Ski Council Day)

The plans are not etched in stone. Will modify base on weather, crowd or how much my body can take.