• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore-Bits Coulior Drop?

Cornhead

Yep, that's "Gorebits", under the High Peaks double. I should have taken a pic of the tracks, I tried at the end of the day, but I was too late for another ride up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Cornhead

Impressive line but they really need to come up with a better name

I think someone here tagged it that. Lots of huckable stuff Thursday, if you were so inclined, this fat old man is not, maybe in my next life.

Cornhead

It's not a trail.

twinplanx

So how was the OP busted? Was he caught in the act or pinched after posting the video?

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

x10003q

That drop is at the top of Open Pit where it splits off Cloud. It is the lift line under the High Peaks Double and it is always roped. I am pretty sure it is seen at :11 and 1:21. The drop at 1:16 is the Dark Side Glades, in bounds under the High Peaks Double.

jgh1980

We rode that double once during our trip and it was old, but the trails looked pretty cool. Most were closed.

makimono

That was sweet! Probably not too many times you could ski that lift line, I'm sure it was worth the price of admission.

St. Jerry

I think someone here tagged it that. Lots of huckable stuff Thursday, if you were so inclined, this fat old man is not, maybe in my next life.

Yup, that's Gore-bits alright in the video!
(from the guy who coined the term)