• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow AZ Southern Outing 2/16

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING just called me. He heard TNF is untracked. Some guys hiked it. Stories of knee-deep. Pray those winds settle down tonight!

madskier6

I think madskier6 is going to Magic.

Correct, if I can take the day off from work. Still not sure about that just yet. I'm then planning on hitting BEast on Saturday with my children.

I would love to be joining you guys at Mt. Snow but I've never been to Magic and with this kind of fresh snow, I cannot in good conscience miss the opportunity to ski in prime Magic conditions. If I'm able to go, I'll submit a Trip Report.

I'll catch you guys at the next AZ outing.

Greg

Staff member
Correct, if I can take the day off from work. Still not sure about that just yet. I'm then planning on hitting BEast on Saturday with my children.

I would love to be joining you guys at Mt. Snow but I've never been to Magic and with this kind of fresh snow, I cannot in good conscience miss the opportunity to ski in prime Magic conditions. If I'm able to go, I'll submit a Trip Report.

I'll catch you guys at the next AZ outing.

No worries. Understandable, Jeff. Enjoy!

roark

What about jct and Roark are you guys going to make it? Zook, Hawkshot99, and madskier6 are on the maybe list are any of you going to make it? Anyone else??
I'm in. I'll have to meet a friend to borrow some skis and poles (mine just made it to BDL). Fortunately my carry on was my boots, helmet, & gloves. I've got another baselayer & pants so I'm good.

My friend might be interested in joining us as well. If not I might ski with them however. Regardless I'll be sure to meet up with y'all at some point.

jct

Yep, I'm still in! I was hoping to bring a friend but he tweeked his knee at Mt Snow on Tuesday, so I'll be coming alone.....

Hope that wind settles down!

bvibert

Staff member
  1. ALLSKIING
  2. Greg
  3. bvibert
  4. 2Knees
  5. Marc
  6. Jim G
  7. reefer
  8. jct
  9. Roark

Good looking group, can't wait to see ya all there! :daffy:

bvibert

Staff member
I will be coming up with eastcoastskier. Sumitt at 10 or the Clock tower. Will have my radio set to 3-13 as well

Great, see you guys there!

1. ALLSKIING
  2. Greg
  3. bvibert
  4. 2Knees
  5. Marc
  6. Jim G
  7. reefer
  8. jct
  9. Roark
  10. Hawkshot99
  11. eastcoastskier

nrthest

All good plans laid to waste... I originally got Friday off, but then had too take a snowday with Wednesday's storm and am now working Friday.

Have a good one Gents, maybe another time.

-Nrthest

bvibert

Staff member
All good plans laid to waste... I originally got Friday off, but then had too take a snowday with Wednesday's storm and am now working Friday.

Have a good one Gents, maybe another time.

-Nrthest

Bummer, maybe next time!

Vortex

Have fun very jealous. Just can't get out of work(or shouldn't) today. Only in the office 1 full day for the next 2 weeks with vacation and travel for work. Not fair to c-workers.

So being jealous and still not able to help myself leaving a little early (I do all friday's during ski season) and going to Pats peak tonight to get a few turns in.

Got to say Roark has certainally got the ski bug. He is starting to be one of the leaders in days of work blown off to ski.:-D

Grassi21

I just finished shoveling the frozen sleet and snow from the rest of the drive-way. The stuff broke up in nice big chunks. I'm so bored I thought of building a kicker or an igloo.

I see there are winds holds as of 12:30. I really hope you guys get to rip up TNF. Looks like you might get some fresh flakes too. I'm looking forward to the TR and pics.

bvibert

Staff member
Yesterday Greg mentioned the possibility of going to Magic or BEast if there were windholds at Snow once they arrived. Do you know for sure that they stayed at Snow despite the windholds?

Some of us went to Magic due to the wind holds... More to follow...