• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow AZ Southern Outing 2/16

Greg

Staff member
Do you have room for one more?

If so, I'd like to ski with with the Alpine Zone skiers...

That'll be three years I've made a AZ trip...

Absolutely! There's always room for more.

Oh geez......Brian - do you know what you've just done? ;)

Nice Charlie! I wasn't sure if I'd get the chance to ski with you this year!
:spread:

bvibert

Staff member
Current list:

Definite
  1. ALLSKIING
  2. Greg
  3. bvibert
  4. Grassi21
  5. 2Knees
  6. Marc
  7. jct
  8. Jim G
  9. Roark
  10. Charlie Schuessler
  11. reefer

Maybe
  1. Zook
  2. Hawkshot99
  3. madskier6

Sorry for taking over the list Dave, I'm getting pumped for this!

Last edited:

reefer

Plummet opens this w/e! I'll be there early Saturday with my new Recons! I'll report back. I got to get some dings in em'..........
I'm there next Friday! This looks like a great time..........
If anyone needs cheap lodging in a ski club house (bunks an twins), very quite and low key, let me know.

Grassi21

I hear apres for you guys will go something like this.

That would rock. I volunteer to be one of the bakini clad dancers.

Hopefully a few AZers will hang around for a cocktail or 12. I volunteer to be the apres side show. I'm staying the weekend and my friends won't be getting up until late Friday evening. I plan on being a puddle by the time they roll into town.

Greg

Staff member
Probably no apres for me. I'd like to be back to CT in time to say good night to the kids.

Grassi21

Probably no apres for me. I'd like to be back to CT in time to say good night to the kids.

Understandable. I have about 5 months left to binge and be a mess. After that apres will be a bottle of formula for the little one. ;-)

Grassi21

Will see if I can get off work.

Just wondering -- what is the skill range of the group of people going?

The skill range is all over the board. I've upgraded my self to a high intermediate. ;-) Some of the guys that I've skied with like JimG and Greg can rip. Greg probably has more steez than Jim. ;-) I haven't skied with everyone heading to this gathering but from what I read on the boards and hear from others, there are a lot of skilled skiers in the mix. Don't worry about skill level. Skiing with these guys has helped me improve drastically this season. After the first meet-up groups usually break out according to skill and try to meet back up during the day.

Greg

Staff member
Greg probably has more steez than Jim. ;-)

I have more steeze than most.... :roll: ;)

Don't worry about skill level. With a group this large it's impossible to keep everyone together anyway. We'll likely take a few cruisers together and then folks will break off into smaller groups. Some guys will cruise, others will bump, and other will probably hit the woods (hopefully).

I've been a part of gatherings with folks of all skill levels; aside from true beginners. As long as you're a solid intermediate, you'll be fine.

2knees

If this storm hits on Wed we won't be skiing pow but it will still be sweet!!:snow:

unless of course the storm hits wednesday and we go to magic instead. :smile:

they will still have plenty of untouched two days after a storm.

Greg

Staff member
unless of course the storm hits wednesday and we go to magic instead. :smile:

they will still have plenty of untouched two days after a storm.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm all for a contingency like that, but I know some in the group are on A41s and would probably prefer Snow. I'm flexible...