• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow AZ Southern Outing 2/16

Grassi21

My one issue with the magic change is that we took a poll and Mt snow had the most votes. I am sure some made plans for the trip. As I said before I don't want to stand in the way of a powder day but for future polls on other AZ trips or AZ trips in general this might not be a good thing.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm with the majority. It appears that most of the people I have yet to meet are still planning on Snow. No offense to the AZers that I've skied with, but I would like to meet some new peeps.

Vortex

My one issue with the magic change is that we took a poll and Mt snow had the most votes. I am sure some made plans for the trip. As I said before I don't want to stand in the way of a powder day but for future polls on other AZ trips or AZ trips in general this might not be a good thing.

I'm with Dave, and can't be impartial here.

If I put together an event and it ended up being somewhere else. I would be hurt a bit (Ya wimpy). The events involve alot of effort sometimes money, vacation time. as well. If you want another mountain. Try another day if you can. I understand the Powder urge. Just do it a MT snow.

2knees

I'm with Dave, and can't be impartial here.

If I put together an event and it ended up being somewhere else. I would be hurt a bit (Ya wimpy). The events involve alot of effort sometimes money, vacation time. as well. If you want another mountain. Try another day if you can. I understand the Powder urge. Just do it a MT snow.

well i'll apologize again. I didnt think it all the way through when i posted about magic last night. It wasnt cool and i understand that. Live and learn.

Vortex

2knees.... pop into the cannon file. Aw you gave out fee tickets before. Aw your cool, but nice the way you handled it. I also wrote my post and never sent it until after all you guys chimes in. Got stuck in a meeting. So the apolgy comes from me as well.

Not a shot at anyone. Just alot of behind the scenes stuff goes on. Dave has put alot of effort in. That was all. hope the snow is perfect.

Greg

Staff member
well i'll apologize again. I didnt think it all the way through when i posted about magic last night. It wasnt cool and i understand that. Live and learn.

Here's my take. Magic is the mountain of the opportunist. If there's a powder day there (or leftovers) and you really want to ski Magic when it's good, you gotta go when you get the opportunity especially in a season like this one. I certainly don't fault Pat for suggesting it.

I've also organized a gathering this year (Hunter - 12/15) and I know how stressful it can be to line everything up so I can understand Dave's frustration a bit. Bottom line is I can understand both sides.

I'm sticking with Snow for a few reasons...

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Its all good...2knees don't sweat it. Its really a good thing..snow is on its way and there is a bit of tension on where to rip it up....I am done talking about it see you all at snow!!

reefer

I'm sorry too allskiing. Got caught up in that powder frenzy. Someone said Magic and I freaked.............Mt. Snow will be a blast Friday. Besides, the old double in Londonderry is a long lift ride at five degrees and windy.......................although well protected by the trees. See you Friday.

Greg

Staff member
Yeah. Friday is gonna suuuuuuck....

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?CityName=West+Dover&state=VT&site=ALY

Tonight: Periods of snow after midnight. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 10. Wind chill values between -3 and 7. Calm wind becoming east between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Wednesday: Periods of snow possibly mixed with sleet. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 16. Wind chill values between -1 and -6. Breezy, with a east wind 10 to 13 mph increasing to between 23 and 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Periods of snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 5. Wind chill values between -7 and -17. Blustery, with a north wind between 22 and 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Thursday: A slight chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy and cold, with a high near 9. Breezy, with a west wind around 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy and breezy, with a low around -3.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 14.

:daffy:

Greg

Staff member
Current list:

Definite
  1. ALLSKIING
  2. Greg
  3. bvibert
  4. Grassi21
  5. 2Knees
  6. Marc
  7. jct
  8. Jim G
  9. Roark
  10. reefer

Maybe
  1. Zook
  2. Hawkshot99
  3. madskier6

Sorry for taking over the list Dave, I'm getting pumped for this!

Is this still the current list? I pulled Charlie out as I know he won't be there...