• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow AZ Southern Outing 2/16

reefer

Just out of Curiosity....will anyone except Grassi be sticking around for Saturday?

I'm staying Friday night in town. Doing Mt. Snow Saturday again, plan on staying in the woods all day.............................ready to rock Friday Night..............

JimG.

Staff member
I'm staying Friday night in town. Doing Mt. Snow Saturday again, plan on staying in the woods all day.............................ready to rock Friday Night..............

I'm expecting a full tour of the woods on Friday reefer.

Greg

Staff member
I'm expecting a full tour of the woods on Friday reefer.

Whatever you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to mention there is some good info and suggestions in this thread:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/13736-mt-snow-2-10-07-a.html

I used to ski Snow a lot back in the day, but that was as a beginner/intermediate at best. Looking forward to hitting everything on the North Face, lapping Bear Trap a few times, and even dabbling in some of the lower angle/less tight woods. I plan to be waiting in line for the summit quad before it opens and will ski as long as the legs allow. I'm even considering doing the backpack thing and have the lunch on board with me. I suspect it's going to be hard to stop skiing on Friday!

Greg

Staff member
I think wed night should be ok.... The storm should be east of boston and that gives them a bit of time to plow the roads.

Hmmm...Okay. Gonna be rough in Mass and Vermont through tomorrow night. Drive carefully.

BeanoNYC

I think wed night should be ok.... The storm should be east of boston and that gives them a bit of time to plow the roads.

Don't know if your planning on it or not, but just to be safe:

If it's crappy weather, I suggest staying on 91 until you hit Rt. 9 in Vt. Don't head in from Greenfield in bad weather. It adds time to the drive and it's "white knuckle" to say the least.

bvibert

Staff member
Just wanted to mention there is some good info and suggestions in this thread:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/13736-mt-snow-2-10-07-a.html

I used to ski Snow a lot back in the day, but that was as a beginner/intermediate at best. Looking forward to hitting everything on the North Face, lapping Bear Trap a few times, and even dabbling in some of the lower angle/less tight woods. I plan to be waiting in line for the summit quad before it opens and will ski as long as the legs allow. I'm even considering doing the backpack thing and have the lunch on board with me. I suspect it's going to be hard to stop skiing on Friday!

Sounds like a good plan. I was considering the backpack thing too, but I didn't want everyone to make fun of me... ;)

Grassi21

Sounds like a good plan. I was considering the backpack thing too, but I didn't want everyone to make fun of me... ;)

F that noise. After skiing with a pack at the expansive Cat last Friday, I'll never go without one. Not just carrying layers, gaper mask, glove liners, and food, steadily drinking water made those longer days a little easier.

Greg

Staff member
F that noise. After skiing with a pack at the expansive Cat last Friday, I'll never go without one. Not just carrying layers, gaper mask, glove liners, and food, steadily drinking water made those longer days a little easier.

I think I'll be packing on Friday. I have a very small EMS backpack - almost bookbag level, :oops: but man I just want to lap that mountain on Friday...

2knees

I gotta stop sweating the weather. check this out, already today. I do love challenger.

NorthFace
SKYLINE Open - Groomed OLYMPIC Open
FALLEN TIMBERS Open - Groomed CHUTE Open
CHALLENGER Open FREE FALL Open - Groomed
PDF Open PLUMMET Open
JAWS Open RIPCORD Open
SECOND THOUGHTS Open RIVER RUN Open - Groomed
The Plunge (Trees) Open The Trials (Trees) Open
Epiphany (Trees) Closed

Funny they still have epiphany closed. wonder if anyone even pays attention to that since its such a thin slice of woods with about 8 million entrances.