Killington 3/15/2014 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavewheeler View Post
    It was probably one of the most crowded Saturdays there, considering the storm. I'm glad I don't do weekends. I'm looking forward to checking out the conditions this Wed-Thursday. Supposed to be in the 30s, more snow and I'm hoping not too windy. Got the goggles ready.

I love the idea of all lifts open!

Heading up tomorrow night and will keep you all posted.
    During the week Bear Quad, Needles Eye Quad, Snowdon Triple & poma are closed (poma is sometimes open for racing). The Canyon chair runs Mon., Wed., Fri. They do sometimes open the Bear & Needles Quads on Fri.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    During the week Bear Quad, Needles Eye Quad, Snowdon Triple & poma are closed (poma is sometimes open for racing). The Canyon chair runs Mon., Wed., Fri. They do sometimes open the Bear & Needles Quads on Fri.
    Thanks for that info. It's to be expected of midweek. I really like the Canyon chair too so will make sure to hit that on Wed. They are indicating it might be quite windy on Wed-Thursday. I don't know what it takes to shut the gondolas down but I am hoping if that happens then the chairs will run.

Once I was there midweek and they closed the Skyeship due to mechanical problems and opened up the Needle Eye Quad. Whatever happens I'm still sure it will be great skiing. Worth it to go midweek for no crowds.

Thanks for that info. It's to be expected of midweek. I really like the Canyon chair too so will make sure to hit that on Wed. They are indicating it might be quite windy on Wed-Thursday. I don't know what it takes to shut the gondolas down but I am hoping if that happens then the chairs will run.

Once I was there midweek and they closed the Skyeship due to mechanical problems and opened up the Needle Eye Quad. Whatever happens I'm still sure it will be great skiing. Worth it to go midweek for no crowds.
    I to like the Canyon Quad & miss it when it's not running. In fact last Mon. I never left the Canyon Quad all day. I was doing laps on East Fall, Double Dipper, Downdraft, Cascade & Escapade all day. Quite a workout. Would have added Royal Flush, The Throne & Big Dipper but they were closed. Forgot to add I did a run down Northstar & upper Chute into Great Bear to.

I'm going to be sure to hit the Canyon area on Wednesday. I can bribe my daughter with lunch up at the new Peak Lodge and she likes the trails off the North Ridge Triple.

Fortunately she's good about splitting up and letting me do my thing. I definitely want to hit some of those blacks! Usually she heads down to Snowdon and we meet at the Gondola at some point to ski together after I get all my craziness out of my system.

I don't know what it takes to shut the gondolas down but I am hoping if that happens then the chairs will run.
    The K-1 gondola very rarely has windholds. Stage II of the Skyeship gondola is a different story though. I hope you enjoy your days at K. I won't be there this week but most likely the following week for a few days or more.

Well, I guess we will play it by ear. The one time I was there when they closed the Skyeship they opened the Needles Eye Quad.

Regardless we will enjoy ourselves. It's just wonderful to be out and skiing! Will let you all know how it goes on Wed evening.

Thread Information