• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Resort Closings 2014

dlague

I know they closed a few weeks ago but Face still looking nice at Whaleback! In fact, we drive by on way back from Smuggs and all their trails had nice coverage!
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1396803830.285960.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

I know they closed a few weeks ago but Face still looking nice at Whaleback! In fact, we drive by on way back from Smuggs and all their trails had nice coverage!
View attachment 12259

I noticed this today, too. There were a few brown spots here and there, but they look like they would be 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

Here is another smaller resort that still has nice coverage! In fact, h
hurricane still looked sweet! However they closed last weekend!

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1396831714.493045.jpg

xwhaler

Drove by both Pats and Granite Gorge on way back from Magic today. Both looked well covered

Quietman

Crotched closed on 4/7 last year, this is from 4/21 when I skied top to bottom with 1 small step over. I had a good time climbing, watching the sunset, and skiing down. Did it 8 times last year.

Here a couple of pics from tonight's hike. Still 100% coverage almost everywhere.

Crotch1.JPG

Better bumps than January's
crotch2.JPG

crotch3.JPG

MidnightJester

Not sure how definite it is but the lady at the ticket window at STOWE said that April 20 is their very possible closing date.

steamboat1

Not sure how definite it is but the lady at the ticket window at STOWE said that April 20 is their very possible closing date.

That date was set in stone at the beginning of the season. Stowe never play's the late season game. They provide the best product during the season & that's it. If you don't like it, tough luck.

BenedictGomez

That date was set in stone at the beginning of the season. Stowe never play's the late season game. They provide the best product during the season & that's it. If you don't like it, tough luck.

And $70/ticket even for final days of spring skiing. Too rich for my blood, which is why I'll hit Jay & Smuggs next week for a fraction of that cost.

MidnightJester

Personally cant complain about stowe and cost this weekend. Not this day considering I got to use up most my Ski Vt Passes this weekend with a friend. at 43 or 40 for a vt pass it was one of the Best sundays. Right after I watched a group of people pay $206 for 2 tickets. OMG... At least they got a amazing day at Stowe. Sun came out and made the trails fun. Very quick sking today

dmw

And $70/ticket even for final days of spring skiing. Too rich for my blood, which is why I'll hit Jay & Smuggs next week for a fraction of that cost.

I believe starting today you can get Stowe tix for $49 if you buy online.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

So Camelback bailed for next weekend, but Blue indicates they "may" open next weekend. Eastern PA is done for the year unless Blue makes good on their teaser for next weekend.
In the Catskills it seems Belleayre and Hunter will be the only ones open next weekend.

Hope to get one more day in at one of those places on Saturday, then probably pack the ski stuff up for the season.

Big Boulder indicates they may try to open for one day the first Saturday in May for a May Day special, but that is likely to be pretty minimal terrain mostly viable for park skiers and riders. If it seems worthwhile, may take the kids for one last day there.

sull1102

Attitash closed yesterday 4/6 with 100% coverage even in the trees. They could've made it into May without much effort but Peaks being Peaks that's not going to happen.

steamboat1

I believe starting today you can get Stowe tix for $49 if you buy online.

Viewing their website there doesn't appear to be any online discount offered for late season pricing.

EARLY/LATE SEASON
On-Mountain or Online
Opening to 12/6/13,
4/7/14 - Closing

One Day $68

BenedictGomez

Viewing their website there doesn't appear to be any online discount offered for late season pricing.

EARLY/LATE SEASON
On-Mountain or Online
Opening to 12/6/13,
4/7/14 - Closing

One Day $68

But he does appear to be correct if you click the link from Stowe's website directly to purchase, even though the info on their website (as you noted) conflicts with that. Though it makes it sound like as if (but is unclear) you already have to have card to reload to get that price (which I dont).

Will have to investigate further. I planed on 2xSmuggs and 2x Jay Peak next week, but would do 1 day at Stowe is I can get $49 tickets.

steamboat1

It does say you can purchase the card online ahead of time so you might be able to get the $49 price plus $5 for the card.

Evolution Stowe Card
"All guests must present or purchase an Evolution Stowe Card (ESC). An ESC is required to access lifts at Stowe Mountain Resort. The ESC can be purchased online or at the mountain for $5.00. "

I'll be at Stowe one or two days later this week, not sure which days yet but most likely between Wed-Fri. I have a couple of VT. passes I need to burn. I already have a card so that's not a problem for me.

You are correct. Didn't see that the first time. http://www.stowe.com/ski-ride/specials/april-special/

Last edited:

catsup948

Great last day at magic yesterday! They ran out of beer so there is no way they could possibly open next weekend! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk