• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new skis

mishka

Sounds like I should have waited to buy my Soul7s ... nice work. I'll have to see if I can meet-up for a demo next season.

This season isn't over yet I hope to get a few more days in. And if Killington open in June I'll be there

Thank you guys for your reviews.
I'm still waiting MMW verdict on ski performance at frozen glades at Jay last Saturday

Jesus, take my money.

. Seriously Mishka that ski is a winner in my book and the more I think about it the more I wouldn't change a thing about the dimensions.
thank you. I knew you will come around. Why fix if it's broken :lol:

mishka

Time to start working on next year skis.
New model I want to make is MR100. Same design as MR110 only -10 in all dimensions 130-100-115 R17.5 178cm possibly 175 not decided yet
construction of the core will be different Maple Popular and Ash will be used from now on with same IPE sidewall

If anyone have a suggestion or idea NOW is the time

Puck it

Time to start working on next year skis.
New model I want to make is MR100. Same design as MR110 only -10 in all dimensions 130-100-115 R17.5 178cm possibly 175 not decided yet
construction of the core will be different Maple Popular and Ash will be used from now on with same IPE sidewall

If anyone have a suggestion or idea NOW is the time

How about a full rocker with camber. Not too much rocker. I am still up in the air about full rocker.

mishka

how can it be full rocker and camber? Full rocker to me is banana like profile.
My press is not set up to make camber on the skis. Skis I'm making is zero camber. Currently nobody, myself included, who tried 86s and 110s did not felt need for the camber.
Rocker on 100s will be identical to MR110 which is iirc 250 on tips 150 on tail with VERY LOW rise

Puck it

how can it be full rocker and camber? Full rocker to me is banana like profile.
My press is not set up to make camber on the skis. Skis I'm making is zero camber. Currently nobody, myself included, who tried 86s and 110s did not felt need for the camber.
Rocker on 100s will be identical to MR110 which is iirc 250 on tips 150 on tail with VERY LOW rise[/QUOTE}

Yes, I meant tip and tail rocker with camber, but not too much of rocker. This will make the the ski ski longer. That is one of the things I do not like about my Skilogiks. The contact patch is very small.

mishka

for the references MR110 have running length (contact patch) of 1370 mm and ski I think to it size 185. MR100 running length will be 1250--1270 which probably on long long side for of ski this category.

mishka

To me year have two seasons one ski season and another one ski making season.
One ended:sadwalk: and another one just started:thumbup:
Finalize and make a templates for MR100 hopefully will be making cores this weekend

mishka

probably it never will gets old to look at freshly pressed skis.

1_zps44c38b9d.jpg

mishka

not yet..your skis cores already made.. before I'm making yours I need to test something first

this is new "model" MR100

twinplanx

I have a pair of demo bindings that I am willing to part with. Can get a model number and more details if there is any interest...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

twinplanx

I got them about 5 years ago, they were on a pair of K2 PE's I bought used. I have to dig'em out of storage, IIRC they are Solomons. I will let you know for sure over the weekend...

snoseek

I was kinda thinking about swapping my guardians (touring, heavy duty) onto them for hiking purposes

twinplanx

The demo bindings I have are in fact Solomons. I can't figure out the model number. There's a large red 7 followed by a smaller white 10. The DIN ranges from 3-10.