• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new skis

snoseek

Got a few days on my MR110's now...mostly manmade groomer type snow. Will post up a more official review after I get more days in and more variable conditions.

But for now I got to say I'm having a blast on these skis. I had a general idea of what they skied like from soft snow last spring at Wildcat but didn't really know what to expect in firmer snow...I had concerns. Truth be told they handle it like a boss and are a super fun ski to rip around on. Incoming base building slop so I'm looking forward to taking em out in that.

mishka

hello stranger
finally lol I started to worry that you made a wrong turn somewhere on the way and up in Florida lol
can't wait for more detailed report

forgot to ask. Did you go to 333s yet?

Last edited:

snoseek

Community skis now and yes. Really beautiful place they've built. I like your skis better.

Got em out today for some storm skiing, this is where they really shine. Very stable skis and handle choppy pow confidently. Tomorrow the storm rages on, will be fun

mishka

finally got full day on MR 87 yesterday at Wachusett. With temperatures and 40s on Monday and low 20s on Tuesday you can imagine the condition. I always tried avoid this kind conditions not yesterday.... I never had so much fun on frozen boilerplate. To summarize in one sentence I can only quote Tin from another day " I've been skiing on the wrong skis all this years"

Tin

I just spent two hours at the ski factory getting an education in skis, sharpening, and tuning. When Mishka speaks...listen. Thanks again!

mishka

If you ever bring your arsenal out west, I'll let you know that you'll be skiing for free at Loveland, winter park or copper on me ;)

Jokes aside I am planing to go out West this winter for R and D purposes of cores:-D. So realistically this is very possible

skiNEwhere

Jokes aside I am planing to go out West this winter for R and D purposes of cores:-D. So realistically this is very possible

Very cool! If you did bring out your demo skis I'd have no prob buying you a lift ticket to copper or WP, I get half off.

mishka

Got a few days on my MR110's now...mostly manmade groomer type snow. Will post up a more official review after I get more days in and more variable conditions.

But for now I got to say I'm having a blast on these skis. I had a general idea of what they skied like from soft snow last spring at Wildcat but didn't really know what to expect in firmer snow...I had concerns. Truth be told they handle it like a boss and are a super fun ski to rip around on. Incoming base building slop so I'm looking forward to taking em out in that.

Any updates? Can't wait for full report. Pictures would be nice..... If possible
even you don't have concerns anymore I need to explain MR110 you tried last year is build little differently.... your skis slightly stiffer also they stiffer torsationly and will handle hard pack better

snoseek

bump

I got 13 or 14 days on these on a variety of conditions. Ice to groomers to bottomless to sierra cement. I've sent them literally tumbling over cliff at Kirkwood along with lots of shallow powder...rocks, logs ect.....properly abused, really good build so far.

I need some more time to give a proper write up but for now I'm really digging the 110 (my stiffer version?) Awesome everyday Tahoe ski. I could see a 90-100 version for New England daily driver. I would like to try out a 100 mm at some point for sure...fun I bet

mishka

bump

I got 13 or 14 days on these on a variety of conditions. Ice to groomers to bottomless to sierra cement. I've sent them literally tumbling over cliff at Kirkwood along with lots of shallow powder...rocks, logs ect.....properly abused, really good build so far.

I need some more time to give a proper write up but for now I'm really digging the 110 (my stiffer version?) Awesome everyday Tahoe ski. I could see a 90-100 version for New England daily driver. I would like to try out a 100 mm at some point for sure...fun I bet

Yes your skis is stiffer. Each pair skis I make with its own unique sets off specifications. Even thay look the same but they're not the same. Since you choose MR110 design I simply modified it a little two suits you better

BTW design designation or model like MR110, for example, is only skis made for me. Your skis made for you and your name on the skis this is their model So you don't have to refer to them in any other way but "my skis"

MR100 is definitely the skis I like the most. Truly if I had to have only one pair skis to own from anything I ever tried that would be one. when you come back here in spring welcome to try

Last edited:

mishka

Very exciting time. Sunday flying to Colorado. For couple years I wanted to go but after got involved with ski making I simply had no skis to take with me. Now after making MR110 and MR100 finally I have skis to take with me. Hope for big dump but with my luck it will be raining lol

Cornhead

Good for you Mishka, regardless of what Scotty says, CO does not suck, have fun! Just kidding Scotty, WKBWC.

hrstrat57

Very exciting time. Sunday flying to Colorado. For couple years I wanted to go but after got involved with ski making I simply had no skis to take with me. Now after making MR110 and MR100 finally I have skis to take with me. Hope for big dump but with my luck it will be raining lol

Pics and trip reports mandatory Mike!!!

Jealous am I! Have fun, well deserved!