• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Advice on Tennis Racquet...

hammer

Not for me but for my daughter who's playing on the HS Tennis team. Bought her a real basic one last year since she was just starting the sport, but she's getting too much vibration and I'm guessing the tension's on the light side. Thanks.

Puck it

I suggest tennisexpress.com. They have demo racquets to send out. You can also give them a call, very helpful.

gmcunni

won a free lesson last week. instructor looked at my racquet and told me i had the wrong one. too light, i genrerate enough power, need a heavier control racquet. I don't play very much but want to start up and try to find a league i can join for fitness and enjoyment (rather than serious competition).

tennisexpress site looks good , thanks Puck.

dlague

To OP's question - Head makes some nice titanium racquets. That is what my wife and I have. Super light and great control with a nice sweet spot.

bigbog

Just find a knowledgeable fellow(local tennis club?) to string it, whatever you get.
Head, Wilson, Volkl...more than enough to choose from.

Last edited: