• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Game of Thrones

skiNEwhere

I gotta admit I've never really been into Renaissancey (yes that's a word) type shows. But my roommate has been obsessed with this show so about 4-5 months ago I picked up watching it from the beginning. I just finished watched season 5 last week, so that should tell you what I think of it.

So I need to catch up here and do 5 seasons worth of venting

Khal Drogo - coolest character of season 1 by far. Why did he have to die!!! Hated to see him go

Cersei - glad to see her get shamed in public. She's the second most manipulative person in the show. Curious to see if and how she'll get her revenge

Brandon stark - Not sure exactly where his storyline is going now. But I'm sure it will be good with all of the special abilities he possesses now.

Stannis & his daughter - WTF!!?? That's all that needs to be said about that

Dany - Hope the search party finds her and she forgives ser Jonas, as she needs him now more than ever

Since my roommate always watched the snow, I knew about certain events coming up, like Joffrey getting poisoned. I did NOT know about Jon snow being murdered though. Glad I wasn't reading this thread.

IRT Jon Snow, I'm wondering what will happen with all the wildings now. Nights watch is screwed without them

Even though this is completely irrelevant now, who ordered all of King Roberts bastard children to be murdered back in season 2, cersei or Joffrey? Never could figure that one out

Looking forward to season 6 premier tonight.

Edd

Not much happening with the premier. Biggest development was Brienne finding Sansa. Also, any excuse for the red woman to get naked is acceptable.

Last edited:

prsboogie

It was absolutely consistent with every opener from the series. Setup setup setup!

skiNEwhere

I find it interesting that in episode 2, both Ramsey and Sansa make initial plans that had to do with Jon Snow and the assumption he was alive, which he was not at that point.

Now is that a moot point, or is Ramsay (probably not Sansa) going to get a raven soon saying Jon Snow is dead? At which point Jon can completely attack Ramsey by surprise

Edd

I need Ramsey to die soon. Theon would be his ideal murderer. Sansa would be nice but that seems unlikely.

BackLoafRiver

Felt badly that I was super happy about how episode 3 ended. (Apparently I am not alone as there are several Twitter hashtags dedicated to it)

I have to say, the Daenerys storyline needs to pick up. They're losing me a bit on it. (While the Bran plot is getting stronger)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

skiNEwhere

Meh. I feel like the bran storyline is the least interesting, and has been for the last few seasons. I'm sure it will turn interesting eventually, but just seems like all the characters in that storyline have been treading water.

I agree about Dany, needs to pick back up!

wa-loaf

Meh. I feel like the bran storyline is the least interesting, and has been for the last few seasons. I'm sure it will turn interesting eventually, but just seems like all the characters in that storyline have been treading water.

The Bran storyline currently is leading us to the parents of Jon Snow (he's the currently being born in the tower young Ned is headed up). That's a pretty big deal if the leading theory is correct.

Puck it

The Bran storyline currently is leading us to the parents of Jon Snow (he's the currently being born in the tower young Ned is headed up). That's a pretty big deal if the leading theory is correct.
I agree. I think we are heading to a battle of Fire and Ice between Danny and Jon. Does Jon become the leader of the white walkers as he is from the North and Danny is the leader of the dragons.

prsboogie

Brianna's story has not followed the books to this point and I'm interested to see where it goes

wa-loaf

I agree. I think we are heading to a battle of Fire and Ice between Danny and Jon. Does Jon become the leader of the white walkers as he is from the North and Danny is the leader of the dragons.

Spoiler alert!

If he is the son of Reahgar (sp) Targaryan and Alana Stark he is the one to unite the north and south (to fight the white walkers, not lead them) it also makes Danny his Aunt even though they are about the same age. I see them teaming up to unite Westeros and use the dragons to wipe out the white walkers.

Puck it

Spoiler alert!

If he is the son of Reahgar (sp) Targaryan and Alana Stark he is the one to unite the north and south (to fight the white walkers, not lead them) it also makes Danny his Aunt even though they are about the same age. I see them teaming up to unite Westeros and use the dragons to wipe out the white walkers.
Another possibilty. but his most defintely the son Reahgar.

wa-loaf

Looks like we have to wait another week to see whats in the tower.

Danny seems to have got her shit together again. Still waiting for Drogon to show up.