• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Vermont Ski3 and Ski 5 Passes

dlague

We used the Ski 3 Pass this year for the first time and really enjoyed using it. Our approach was to use it to effectively ski for at least half price or less.

I was curious about how many of you used these passes or if you did get one what would your choices be?

This is how we used it this year:

Stowe = 56% savings on window rate
Killington = 51% savings on window rate
Okemo = 48% savings on window rate

Okemo was a result of planning a trip with family and we used our pass. Hind sight, I would have preferred Sugarbush from a cost/savings perspective! Overall it fit well into our plan and we will probably do it again next year but probably do the Ski 5 Pass instead.

If we get the Ski 5 Pass I think we will ski:

Stowe, Killington, Sugarbush, Stratton and if they forget to check off their resort return again otherwise Okemo.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I got the Ski3 Pass.

Used it at Jay and Stowe. I wanted to use it at Sugarbush, but circumstances conspired against that. I'll use it at Killington before they close. Not the greatest value, but at least it won't be totally wasted.

dlague

I got the Ski3 Pass.

Used it at Jay and Stowe. I wanted to use it at Sugarbush, but circumstances conspired against that. I'll use it at Killington before they close. Not the greatest value, but at least it won't be totally wasted.

Okemo was our bust technically! Being from NH we can ski Okemo on their Sunday Solution for residents for $35 8:00-1:30 or for $29 12:30-4. We used it on a Saturday but else where would have been better!

dlague

Stowe seemed very confused about the Pass! Then again not to pick on their staff but the lady was pretty old and was not getting it when we explained what it was. Unfortunately, we had already been to Okemo otherwise the second trip to Stowe would have been in the books!

Cheese

I'm an annual customer of the ski 3. I've never stepped up to the ski 5 because I'm afraid I wouldn't use them all. A couple years back they allowed the purchase of 2 ski 3 booklets which let you spend a weekend at the resort. That's been gone at least 2 years but if it comes back, I recommend it.

Mt. Snow
Okemo
Sugarbush

mlkrgr

I don't use it as I just do day trips with buses which getting the lift ticket from them is still effectively a lower price (about $37 over the cost of bus only pricing) for any resort including Stowe. If I would be doing weekend trips, I'd spring for it.

xwhaler

I bought the 3 pass for the 1st time this yr---it worked out alright but I won't be getting it again as there are better deals elsewhere save for K, Stratton, Stowe, Sugarbush as mentioned.

Bolton Valley: Sold 1 of mine to a girl in the lodge at $40 face value as my wife and did the RSNE tour stop 2 fer. BV did not ask for the printed name card nor did they check off the return visit box but they did ask for my phone # which I found a bit odd.

Smuggs: Did look at name card, did not check the return visit box

MRG: Did not present the name card and was not asked for it and no check box selected. The woman also had me write my name on a little journal which indicated I was using a discounted ticket/voucher of some type for that day.

Last edited:

steamboat1

I've been buying the 3 pass for years. As someone mentioned I used to buy 2 so I could hit some areas twice. This year I bought two (one for me, one for my daughter). I've only used one so far & the same with my daughter. My daughter won't be skiing anymore this year so I have 4 left. I don't think I'll have a problem using my daughters since our first names are pretty similar plus the fact that when they printed the names on our passes it's over other printing on the pass & is hard to read. Probably use one this Sat. at BMMC since I only have a weekday pass for K. The others I'll use next week during the week when I head back up Tues. or Wed. I don't necessarily need to get the biggest bang for my buck, the two we used were at Bromley & I was fine with that. Probably use them at Sugarbush & Stowe next week. I'm hoping I can use two of them at Stowe (one mine, one my daughters). If they take my daughters the first day I'm in like flint.