• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Corn Harvest Meetup (04/12 or 04/13?) - Who's In?

Puck it

The ski off will consist of two runs for total time.

Run 1 - Vista Way to Dave's Detour to Middle Cannon by the Ski Patrol shack then by the unload of the HSQ to the Middle Cannon Bypass entrance down Bypass to Paulie's Ext. to Avalanche to Skateway ending at Zoomer.

Run 2 - Taft to Upper Hard to Mid Hard to the upper hill section not Mid hard Cut thru(carry your speed) across Lower Hard going around the fence across Turnpike to Stinky Street to Turnpike Glade to lower Tunrpike ending at the HSQ.

Fastest combined time wins and there are no rules.

Cannonball

It only favors the skiers in the sense that I'll have so much time to kill at the bottom waiting for you all to finish that I'll end up buying the first round.

MadMadWorld

But why not skiing Kinsman with a finish line at the Zoomer Chair. Then we'll see how serious you skiers are about jogging in ski boots.

Is Echo Lake still frozen? Why don't we include a swim while we're at it. The cold will seem like a minor inconvenience compared to the ski boots.

Bumpsis

Here we go....already making excuses.

Perhaps I should also put up a list of my infirmities so I'm covered :)
I'll bring my two sons and have them stand in as my champions on moguls. All that money as spent on their skiing should count for something, right?

Bumpsis

The ski off will consist of two runs for total time.

Run 1 - Vista Way to Dave's Detour to Middle Cannon by the Ski Patrol shack then by the unload of the HSQ to the Middle Cannon Bypass entrance down Bypass to Paulie's Ext. to Avalanche to Skateway ending at Zoomer.

Run 2 - Taft to Upper Hard to Mid Hard to the upper hill section not Mid hard Cut thru(carry your speed) across Lower Hard going around the fence across Turnpike to Stinky Street to Turnpike Glade to lower Tunrpike ending at the HSQ.

Fastest combined time wins and there are no rules.

Crap!!!! I'll have to learn the trail names now.

Cannonball

Crap!!!! I'll have to learn the trail names now.

Haha! Me too! Been skiing there 30+ years, and still not sure I'm clear on this route. I mostly know the trails as: "you know that one that gets icy midday but gets nice snow on the left hand side right after that spot where we saw the chick in pink that one day but before the entrance to those trees that were good a few years ago?"

Savemeasammy

Most of the glades are listed as closed. Does that sound right to you regulars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDMRoma

from what Ive seen, it looks like they are listing them as closed for the morning report and saying they will drop the ropes if the temps warm up enough to soften everything up.

Savemeasammy

from what Ive seen, it looks like they are listing them as closed for the morning report and saying they will drop the ropes if the temps warm up enough to soften everything up.

Same thing with hardscrabble maybe? Although that one was showing some wear weeks ago...

JDMRoma

Same thing with hardscrabble maybe? Although that one was showing some wear weeks ago...

I was on Middle Hardscrabble with Puckit last friday........it was closed but once it softened up it was nice, you could easily avoid the junk.
it looked pretty glazed over on Sunday, so not sure how it went this week !

Savemeasammy

I can't imagine anything will be closed this weekend because it's too icy!

xwhaler

High of 57 and sunshine on Sunday per my weatherbug app. Sweet! See u guys there but will prob bag out by 2 latest to catch finishing holes at Augusta

JDMRoma

I can't imagine anything will be closed this weekend because it's too icy!

Ask Puckit and Cannonball about Vistaway on Sunday.....I think they both needed to get a few fillings redone after jumping that rope ! you could hear them coming while waiting for them on Tramway

Pretty funny though.....

Yes no ice this weekend !

MadMadWorld

Ask Puckit and Cannonball about Vistaway on Sunday.....I think they both needed to get a few fillings redone after jumping that rope ! you could hear them coming while waiting for them on Tramway

Pretty funny though.....

Yes no ice this weekend !

Conditions will be completely different this Sunday. Ice can not survive mid 50s weather