• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

More snow for the east coast yes for years to come.

BenedictGomez

Oil and Gas Investments Bulletin

I bet that they say fracking is safe too!

Most likely, given all the available scientific research thus far has shown it to me no worse than other common natural resource extraction practices.

At the very least, if you're "against" fracking and you truly want to be consistent, you pretty much have to be against everything else as well.

jack97

I believe gmo foods causes more snow in the winter and more heat waves in the summer.

Bumpsis

Most likely, given all the available scientific research thus far has shown it to me no worse than other common natural resource extraction practices.

At the very least, if you're "against" fracking and you truly want to be consistent, you pretty much have to be against everything else as well.

This is such BS that makes me just hold my nose. It's promulgation of conservative and industry propaganda without any examination of the statemens' veracity. All with the goal of minimizing costs of extraction by fracking, thus increasing the industry profits without making the industry accountable for true cost of extraction.

Just beacuse other "common resource extraction" practices have become somewhat accepted (mostly by use of big money in politics), it doesn't make the efforts of the fracking industry any more wholesome.
Mountain top removal mining became "acceptable" because people who oppose it are powerless to do anything about it.

BP fouled up the Gulf big time but with enough money they hushed the oppostion to unsafe deep water oil drilling practices and the topic is off public's consciousness.

Single hull oil tankers were also an "acceptable" method of oil transport until Exxon Valdez.

Your post here is nothing more than one would hear on Faux News.
And oh yeah, there is no global warming. It's all liberal conspiracy... :)

BenedictGomez

This is such BS that makes me just hold my nose. It's promulgation of conservative and industry propaganda without any examination of the statemens' veracity. All with the goal of minimizing costs of extraction by fracking, thus increasing the industry profits without making the industry accountable for true cost of extraction.

Just beacuse other "common resource extraction" practices have become somewhat accepted (mostly by use of big money in politics), it doesn't make the efforts of the fracking industry any more wholesome.
Mountain top removal mining became "acceptable" because people who oppose it are powerless to do anything about it.

BP fouled up the Gulf big time but with enough money they hushed the oppostion to unsafe deep water oil drilling practices and the topic is off public's consciousness.

Single hull oil tankers were also an "acceptable" method of oil transport until Exxon Valdez.

Your post here is nothing more than one would hear on Faux News.
And oh yeah, there is no global warming. It's all liberal conspiracy... :)

Wow. And now the crazies have entered the thread. I didn't see that one coming.

I also didn't realize you could power a computer and get online by rubbing sticks together in a cave. Of course, this too burns carbon, so..........

bigbog

The only reason other fuels aren't being used isn't because of their inability to do the work, it's because of the lack of planning and funding by the Gov't along with the fossil_lobby. Solar is just a small part of the picture. Fossil fuel can still be in the mix but factually it just isn't needed to do as much work as is presently done.

Puck it

The only reason other fuels aren't being used isn't because of their inability to do the work, it's because of the lack of planning and funding by the Gov't along with the fossil_lobby. Solar is just a small part of the picture. Fossil fuel can still be in the mix but factually it just isn't needed to do as much work as is presently done.

Just like the fossil fuel lobby, all of the others have their own lobbyists. Solar(19% at best efficiency) would not even be on the map if were not for government tax credits that we all pay for.

MidnightJester

Not sure how you can come close to believing that. If you put all renewable energy against all fossil fuels it isn't even close. We ONLY survive today because of oil and coal and gas. NOT EVEN CLOSE

MidnightJester

Todays energy needs dwarf the ability of renewable energy to produce. And when they are producing it it isn't relable all day, all week, all year. Like to know how many electric car people are taking trips into the mountains to play in the snow. Almost zero. batteries suck in the snow. Solar sucks in the snow and clouds. You cant power the world with wind.

MidnightJester

Lots of hot air does work well. I wonder if they have a lower electric bill then us. I know it sucks as paying 22-24cents a KW here in Long Island NY, This is the problem today with renewables.... They charge me,you,us more to build a shitty non reliable renewable power source and then keep the rates higher. SHOW me one renewable power source that is lowering rates for the general public. private home owner wind, and solar dosent count. The renewables are hanging by a thread here in the US and the Government is giving them billions. Fossil fuels can work if needed with zero govnt extras.

Maybe in the future it will work. We need batteries that can hold a charge that aren't huge to power a house. WE need to build whatever somewhere not here(employee costs to high, to many regs, to many taxes). and LOW temp super conductors would be a big help.

on a side science note. a young man 18 or so came up with a organic semi conductor to charge batteries in seconds(30-60) instead of minutes(120 minutes).and within a few years(10) organically grown hydrocarbons(from algae) should be viable "Think unlimited gasoline for combustion engines for life"

Last edited:

Rowsdower

Coal and oil are largely being phased out in favor of natural gas in terms of electrical generation. It's cheaper, cleaner, and easier to transport. Automobiles are becoming much more fuel efficient as well. The trend is moving towards energy efficiency. We peaked our fossil fuel usage right before the recession and that has not moved back up as the economy recovered. To me that's a very good thing. Efficiency decreases our reliance on foreign sources of energy, and minimizes potential environmental impacts. Besides global warming there are other environmental problems with burning coal and oil, namely air quality, soil contamination, and water pollution. Anything that is cleaner and more efficient wins in my book, and I think renewables are a part of that. Nobody says you have to switch 100% to renewables tomorrow, but every little bit of supplementation is a little less of a dirty fuel you have to burn elsewhere.

BenedictGomez

Seems a little ridiculous to look at 12,000 years of data at 1,000 year intervals but what do I know

Even more ridiculous to look at 34 years (literally) of Arctic ice data and then scream about, "RECORD LOW ICE" to drive an agenda.

Currently, solar is only slightly less crappy than wind. All those "solar farms" you see going up in liberal states are there not due to efficiency, but because they greased the Democrat politicians campaign coffers. In turn, these "solar scammers" are getting sweatheart deals on land, MASSIVE tax breaks, and sometimes even grants! All being piled directly onto the debt of a town and state near you.

BenedictGomez

Natural gas is the future of America. It is inevitable. That bus has left the station and there's no stopping it.

The good news is, it's still not too late to invest $$$ in those companies, because not enough people have recognized or understand the above yet.

Puck it

Natural gas is the future of America. It is inevitable. That bus has left the station and there's no stopping it.

The good news is, it's still not too late to invest $$$ in those companies, because not enough people have recognized or understand the above yet.

Aboitic fuels are the key if it is proven.