• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

JAYPEAK 4/5/2014 & STOWE 4/6/2014.... Grabbing the last of the season we coluld

MidnightJester

Ok this will be a quick report and rough one as it will be my first trip report. Overall for the whole weekend I gave the trip a "B" . Took a friend up to two new mountains to help him get his skiing bug back. JAY and STOWE. Also we had to test out equipment I found for him on craigslist and at ski store to get him back on mountain with his own equipment.

we got to Barre vt (Hollow inn and motel) in a rainstorm by 12:30am sat morning (after 330 miles). Alseep by 2:30, Few hours sleep later in hotel room. Up at 5:45am to get ready for JAY. get to JAY 8:45am after expecting frozen everything. JAY groomed everything they could it seemed. In lift areas even a few people that had season passes said they were shocked and unhappy JAY groomed as much as they did. All glades and tree runs were frozen hurt so stayed away from them. The runs considering what I saw in the woods and edge of trails were both rideable and enjoyable. Fast speeds, and carvable. Couple of permanent ice blocks at mid trail merge or junction did lead to a wipe out or two for friend. For what the day was friend liked his skis (2009 Rossignol Z11 skis with 2014 Nordica Hell and Back H2 boots). He didn't like the slide or two he had but he didn't get hurt. Finished after 14 runs or so and was back to motel to eat, take it easy and get some sleep for stowe.

Stowe updates coming.....