MRG Advise - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: MRG Advise

  1. #11
    WWF-VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MA & Fayston, VT
    Posts
    2,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Savemeasammy View Post
    Exit 4. Bethel mt rd. Just did it last weekend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exit 3 is Bethel Mt Rd. It saves a few miles and it's a nice scenic trip through Granville Gulf but adds about 15 minutes to the drive to MRG


  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    She is nervous about the experience....
    Just take it slow and ease into it. Making sure your equipment is all waxed up and sliding well helps a bunch too.
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

  3. #13
    I forgot to mention....make sure you use the Fall Line entrance from up above Starks Nest (how you access Paradise). Don't access it from skiers left of Chute. That entrance is very deceiving it goes from a narrow bump trail to very steep and tight trees within a few hundred feet. She would not enjoy it!

  4. #14

    MRG Advise

    I am saddened to report that we are now NOT going to MRG! Our son the snowboarder has no place to go! Cousins are out of state for a baseball tourney another is sick and one of his friends parents bailed on plans for the day after agreeing all week - douchbag! However it is not all bad since we will ski Cannon instead.


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  5. #15
    MRG closed for the season yesterday so if you were planning on going this week then you would have been out of luck anyway!

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    I am saddened to report that we are now NOT going to MRG! Our son the snowboarder has no place to go! Cousins are out of state for a baseball tourney another is sick and one of his friends parents bailed on plans for the day after agreeing all week - douchbag! However it is not all bad since we will ski Cannon instead.

    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    That is too bad. I was looking forward to your report from this trip. Your trip report on the Smuggler's Notch trip was great
    Live for today

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpsis View Post
    That is too bad. I was looking forward to your report from this trip. Your trip report on the Smuggler's Notch trip was great
    Well now I will report on Cannon, but you will know what I am talking about since you were there. Looks a few Azoners were there!


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

  8. #18
    Cannonball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    This user has been deleted
    Posts
    3,670
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    I am saddened to report that we are now NOT going to MRG! Our son the snowboarder has no place to go! Cousins are out of state for a baseball tourney another is sick and one of his friends parents bailed on plans for the day after agreeing all week - douchbag! However it is not all bad since we will ski Cannon instead.
    Cannon for the win. Cannon welcomes all. MRG will always find a way to let you down.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    Cannon for the win. Cannon welcomes all. MRG will always find a way to let you down.
    Hmm I think Cannon has been known to let many a person down.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMadWorld View Post
    Hmm I think Cannon has been known to let many a person down.
    Did not let us down - we had a blast! I have been trying to get to MRG for three years and on the day planned I have no coverage for our snowboarder. I am OK with that - he is really good and there are other mountains as in this case Cannon. He can rip it all up - at 11 he is a carving snowboarder not a snow pusher.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

    2016-2017 target - 50

    If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:19 AM.