College Research Paper Survay - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim from the North Shore View Post
    Did you really make it into college not knowing how to spell "survey"?
    Cut the guy some slack. He spelled it right in the posting, so credit him a typo rather than giving him a dunce cap.

You must be kidding , you can't have that much bias if you really want an accurate conclusion!!!!!!

I think such a survey should allow the people being surveyed to go either way rather than leading. These questions are leading and feeling very environmentally focused. Then again I was a student once and a broader perspective is often not seen.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

I did the survey. I know nothing about jay peaks environmental impact. I'm sure the place uses a ton of power, creates a ton of waste and burns a ton of fuel like all large ski resorts do.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Snow!

Also did the survey despite its obvious bias and absolute lack of perspective.

Originally Posted by Tim from the North Shore
    Did you really make it into college not knowing how to spell "survey"?

Cut the guy some slack. He spelled it right in the posting, so credit him a typo rather than giving him a dunce cap.

I don't agree. People who submit work for public scrutiny with 2 spelling errors, 3 punctuation errors, and a missing key word, but think they are doing college level work, should not be cut some slack but should be publicly shamed!

MRG just put up a year-end survey. It has at least as many spelling errors / typos. Some public shaming in order?

Quote Originally Posted by cmunro323 View Post
    Hey my name is Corbet I go to Lyndon State College. I'm currently writing a research paper to gather data on skiers and snowboarder’s perception of ski resorts impact on their local environment, in hopes of comparing and contrasting customer perceptions to what is being to counteract the environmental impact. So if you could take a few minutes to fill out my survey it would be greatly appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16xZ...Mw538/viewform
    Make sure you post this over at the TGR forums!!! They have a bunch of people who ski jay peak.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/f...-Ski-Snowboard
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Omg, here's another one!!!

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ghlight=survey

Quote Originally Posted by ctw55 View Post
    Hey guys!
    I am a student at Lyndon State College in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. I am an avid Tuckerman Skier, and when time came to choose a topic for my senior thesis for college I knew I wanted it to deal with avalanche education and awareness.

So, I am conducting research on the effectiveness of the daily avalanche bulletin related to route choice for the day up within the bowl.
    Research is being done through a survey. It is very short and will only take roughly 10 minutes to complete, if that. The survey includes a consent form and will be anonymous.

Please help a fellow TGR member and skier out with some avalanche education!

- Chris Wilke
    Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PKB...Pd2Lc/viewform
    "For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Lyndon State college has a ski area management program, doesn't it?

Thread Information