• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

College Research Paper Survay

podunk77

Wow, tough crowd. I tried doing the survey but it's geared to people who skied Jay at least once this year, which sadly excludes me.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Agree. The survey only applied to Jay skiers and riders and the questions were a bit vague.

VTKilarney

So if I answer that I disagree that Jay Peak is harming the environment, I am still expected to answer the following questions?:
How do you feel about Jay Peak's enviromental [sic] harm?
Does the environmental harm turn you away from visiting Jay Peak Resort?
Do you know what Jay Peak Resort is trying to do to counteract their environmental impact?
Do you think this is sufficient action against the environmental harm?

Did a professor actually approve this survey?

Brad J

You must be kidding , you can't have that much bias if you really want an accurate conclusion!!!!!!

dlague

I think such a survey should allow the people being surveyed to go either way rather than leading. These questions are leading and feeling very environmentally focused. Then again I was a student once and a broader perspective is often not seen.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

catsup948

I did the survey. I know nothing about jay peaks environmental impact. I'm sure the place uses a ton of power, creates a ton of waste and burns a ton of fuel like all large ski resorts do.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mapnut

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tim from the North Shore
Did you really make it into college not knowing how to spell "survey"?

Cut the guy some slack. He spelled it right in the posting, so credit him a typo rather than giving him a dunce cap.​

I don't agree. People who submit work for public scrutiny with 2 spelling errors, 3 punctuation errors, and a missing key word, but think they are doing college level work, should not be cut some slack but should be publicly shamed!

Highway Star

Hey my name is Corbet I go to Lyndon State College. I'm currently writing a research paper to gather data on skiers and snowboarder’s perception of ski resorts impact on their local environment, in hopes of comparing and contrasting customer perceptions to what is being to counteract the environmental impact. So if you could take a few minutes to fill out my survey it would be greatly appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16xZ0rGMhVP-ul40q761kPbciRfkI5j5XXuIX2DMw538/viewform

Make sure you post this over at the TGR forums!!! They have a bunch of people who ski jay peak.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/3-Ski-Snowboard

Highway Star

Omg, here's another one!!!

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...kerman-Ravine-Skiers-Riders!?highlight=survey

Hey guys!
I am a student at Lyndon State College in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. I am an avid Tuckerman Skier, and when time came to choose a topic for my senior thesis for college I knew I wanted it to deal with avalanche education and awareness.

So, I am conducting research on the effectiveness of the daily avalanche bulletin related to route choice for the day up within the bowl.
Research is being done through a survey. It is very short and will only take roughly 10 minutes to complete, if that. The survey includes a consent form and will be anonymous.

Please help a fellow TGR member and skier out with some avalanche education!

- Chris Wilke
Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PKBfn34_WlsSosaV4DTL6KBMfthQjkQT2hHxEOPd2Lc/viewform